Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Sa white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches

Article about: I am a new member,but a old collector who would like to post one of the uniforms that i have since 1970.It is a the rank of Standartenfuhrer [Col.] on the staff of the SA high command.The bo

Default Sa white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches

I am a new member,but a old collector who would like to post one of the uniforms that i have since 1970.It is a the rank of Standartenfuhrer [Col.] on the staff of the SA high command.The boards and tabs are carmine to denote this.Their is a blood order ribbon which is original to this piece.The kepi has gold wire on the crown and carmine and gold piping on the upturn.You can see this hat which is worn from the ranks of Standartenfuhrer-Vikor lutze who was the chief of staff.This hat can be seen being worn in the "DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHT" cigarette album.Lutze is behind Hitler in the color version of the album.Feel free to ask ? or comment.Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sa  white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches   Sa  white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches  

Sa  white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches   Sa  white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches  

Sa  white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches   Sa  white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa  white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sa white summer tunic w/kepi,breeches

Welcome to the Forum. A very nice early kepi and white tunic. Your kepi has one of the many anomolies found in SA headgear. Piping on your carmine kepi should be silver for Oberste Der SA Fuhrung or Feldherrnhalle, the two branches that wore carmine. However your piece is definitely gold. I have a all tan officer kepi with copper wire that at one time was silver wash and oxidized away. Possibly that is the case with yours. It also may be one of those unexplained oddities. Thanks for sharing your excellent items.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Welcome to the forum!! Thanks for sharing the item!!

Bob,Thanks for your kind comments.You can go crazy with the anomolies of the SA.i have about every book on SA insignia,uniforms,and kepis that was published and it can really get a bit confusing.I am glad you liked the outfit and it also came with a nice pair of breeches.I will try to post some of the tunics and hats that i acquired in the 1970s and 80s.I have a cased honor goblet w/the award document and the honor list showing when he received the German Cross in gold six months after receiving the goblet.I will try to show the nicer items and i do this like any other collector not to brag,but to let the newer collectors and collectors like yourself who know what they are looking at and have knowledge that as you know takes a lifetime ti aquire.I get really angry when i hear misinformation being thrown around.If you do not know what you are looking at you should just be quiet and listen to someone like yourself and understand that they can help you not put your $ in some repro cretins pocket!