Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Sa Year's Entry Tab ?

Article about: Hello Everyone, Picked this tab up yesterday, cloth measures 6,7cm x 1cm. I believe its part of the brown shirts insignia, denoting the entry year of the member and was worn possibly on righ

?

Default Sa Year's Entry Tab ?

Hello Everyone,
    Picked this tab up yesterday, cloth measures 6,7cm x 1cm. I believe its part of the brown shirts insignia, denoting the entry year of the member and was worn possibly on right arm, I don't know for certain, can any member tell me where it was worn for certain.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sa Year's Entry Tab ?   Sa Year's Entry Tab ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa Year's Entry Tab ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sa Year's Entry Tab ?

Those "entry year stripes" were worn on the left upper arm for a short time in 1933. They were, however, not used by the SA, but rather by NSDAP political leaders, both on their tunics and brownshirts.

?

Hi HPL2008,
    Thanks for the information. One further question - was it only the NSDAP policatlal leaders who wore the year entry tab? or did the rank & file wear them as well.
    Cheers

Quote by AlecH View Post
    One further question - was it only the NSDAP policatlal leaders who wore the year entry tab? or did the rank & file wear them as well.
    "Political Leaders" ("Politische Leiter") was the collective designation for the whole corps of uniformed NSDAP functionaries from the lowliest Blockwart part-timer to the most influential Reichsleiter, all of whom would have been intitled to wear these stripes on their PL uniforms regardless of rank and duty position.
    (The stripes would not have been worn by the dues-paying, non-active "ordinary" party members.)

?

Hello HLP2008,
    Thanks for the additional information. A last point, would you happen to know if the black base was elastic or not. The weave pattern on mine is similar to elastic, but the tag is not elastic - should they be?
    Regards
    Alec

Quote by AlecH View Post
    A last point, would you happen to know if the black base was elastic or not. The weave pattern on mine is similar to elastic, but the tag is not elastic - should they be?
    Sorry, I have never held one of those in my hand, so I cannot comment on their proper material and feel.

?

Hi HPL2008,
    Had a trawl of the internet this morning and turned up this, a picture on the internet Dr Meyer, Gauleiter Westfalnen -North in uniform with his entry year 1928. As you say worn on the upper left arm.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sa Year's Entry Tab ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Sa Year's Entry Tab ?