Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Scwäbischer Beobachter sign

Article about: Here is my latest sign. Stamped aluminum sign for Schwäbischer Beobachter, a newspaper in the Schwaben area. It appears to be a sign to mark the office for advertisements and subscriptions f

?

Default Scwäbischer Beobachter sign

Here is my latest sign. Stamped aluminum sign for Schwäbischer Beobachter, a newspaper in the Schwaben area. It appears to be a sign to mark the office for advertisements and subscriptions for the paper.

Hummel
    Scwäbischer Beobachter sign

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scwäbischer Beobachter sign
    P
    Many

That's a beauty for sure...congratulations on such a unique score!
    cheers, Glenn

nice piece.

I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you for your remarks gentlemen. The sign is a little beat up, it has half a dozen or more extra holes punched through it and paint loss down to the primer in places, but over all it is in fairly good condition for its age. I have another newspaper sign in the mail on the way to my collection, I will post pictures of it upon its arrival. I am finding that I really like collecting signs from the Third Reich period. I prefer the enamel signs but the pressed tin and aluminum signs are nice also and tend to be a little less expensive.

Hummel

There are suchlike signs for numerous German newspapers.
    Many years ago such a sign was sold at Manion's. This sample was used at an accepting-point or office
    for advertisements and subscriptions.
    In my books about TR signs, the pages 402 through 433 cover more newspaper signs.

When the other one has arrived, please show it also!

?

I will Mr. Saris. I use your book every time I buy a new sign. It is a magnificent book on the subject and anyone interested in signs should have it in their reference library.

Hummel

Nice looking sign! I've seen a few of these these past few years collecting but I haven't picked one up myself yet, I'd like to though.
    Also, totally agree with your praise of Saris' book on Third Reich signs and plaques... I always refer to it as well when looking to add new signs to my collection --- a great and very comprehensive reference piece!

Wow great to see another, here's mine Looks like we have a pair of sisters

?

Yes René, they both look like they had a rough journey to reach 2014, and possibly even traveled together for a while, by the look of their scars.

Hummel