Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Small group, estimated worth?

Article about: I would suggest keeping them. Even though you don't want them your kids or grandkids might like to have them someday. Don't be the the guy who got rid of uncle XXXXX's WWII bringbacks. There

Default Re: Small group, estimated worth?

I would suggest keeping them. Even though you don't want them your kids or grandkids might like to have them someday. Don't be the the guy who got rid of uncle XXXXX's WWII bringbacks.

There is nothing of very high value here. The armband, buckle, and mother's cross are the most valueable items. If you had something worth several hundred dollars and you need to pay rent then that's one thing, but with the amount of money you would get from these you might as well keep it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small group, estimated worth?
    P
    Many

?

The 'Hitler Trinket' is a National Street WHW collection piece. It is from a series of 20 famous Germans. If it was in good condition it would bring $15-$20 in my opinion... This series was sold on the 1st & 2nd of March 1941 during the RSS drive.

?

The propaganda badge is a 'Hitler Dank' pin or tinnie, which were given
    for supporting Hitler in his 1933 election, I think sorta looks like myne so i might be wrong. The gold hitler pin... It might be worth like 10-20$ im not that good with prices lol.
    Ryan

?

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    I'll trade you 3 beetles and a praying mantis for the lot
    Too funny!!

Maybe swop him a Anophthalmus hitleri?

I agree just throw them in a box and put them on the top shelf, let your future family members enjoy them. My family got rid of a lot of my Great Grand Fathers items from WWI and I will never be able to get them back.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Too funny!!

Maybe swop him a Anophthalmus hitleri?
    I would take that, or a sexed A1 pair of every Afrotropical Ropaloteres and Cypholobas described BTW, I'd like to take this opportunity to strongly discourage people from buying examples of A. hitleri. Cave animals are the definition of sensitive, endemic, naturally rare organisms, and their population levels simply can't handle unregulated collecting. Scheibel did that bug a grave disservice, and it doesn't deserve poaching based on his extremely bad taste in politicians. Besides, if you do get one, it's probably just another Anophthalmus with faked collection data, anyway.

In any case, I don't want to keep the paraphernalia, I don't like having it in the house. My wife hates it, she wants to have a Nichiren Shu minister perform an exorcism on it

I'm getting that I could land about, what, $200-$250 in a private sale for the bunch of it?

?

Quote by Bathcat View Post
    I would take that, or a sexed A1 pair of every Afrotropical Ropaloteres and Cypholobas described

BTW, I'd like to take this opportunity to strongly discourage people from buying examples of A. hitleri. Cave animals are the definition of sensitive, endemic, naturally rare organisms, and their population levels simply can't handle unregulated collecting. Scheibel did that bug a grave disservice, and it doesn't deserve poaching based on his extremely bad taste in politicians. Besides, if you do get one, it's probably just another Anophthalmus with faked collection data, anyway.
    I could not agree more.
    Supposedly some ruthless collectors poach the cave dweller just because of the Hitler connection.
    Idiots.

Who would have 'thunk,' that a thirties sucking-up to your local dictator would potentially spell doom for a small critter in a dark cave so many decades later.

?

In any case, I don't want to keep the paraphernalia, I don't like having it in the house. My wife hates it, she wants to have a Nichiren Shu minister perform an exorcism on it
    With respect; you need to look beyond the deluge of PC propaganda.
    The items are inanimate things, you know.
    They do not hold evil spirits - they are simply relics of the not so good old days.
    Bad times, which (hopefully) will not return, if we do ours to keep alive the memory of the millions lost.

No one here is in any doubt, as to which politicians wore the black hats and who wore the white hats back then. Those few who come here in the mistaken belief that this is a revisionist site, are quickly weeded out.

A collection of bugs pinned with needles in a display case (or how ever you keep them) is so far removed from my taste and also the last thing, I would collect. But its your deal and I respect that (as long a no critters threathened with extinction are harvested).

Yep, no spooky stuff here, just cloth and metal.

To each his own but I really hope you end up keeping it all. And if you must sell it, you ought to find out as much as possible about your uncle's WWII service so that you can pass that info on to whoever buys the lot.

I should also mention that perhaps the most 'Nazi' of these items is the Hitler Youth armband, and most of them are just tinnies that were given out at special events. Even to the Germans they were just souvenirs. There are no blood-soaked SS collar tabs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2