Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some Type of Pin

Article about: I was given this pin by my uncle who was in WWII . He gave it to me a long time ago and i can't remember what it is . Anyone know what it is? Onthe front it reads: 1MAI 1937. I think it is p

Default Some Type of Pin

I was given this pin by my uncle who was in WWII . He gave it to me a long time ago and i can't remember what it is . Anyone know what it is?
    Onthe front it reads: 1MAI 1937. I think it is plastic. Some Type of PinSome Type of Pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some Type of Pin
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Some Type of Pin

It is a May Day badge.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

It is for May Day 1937. The Nazis made a big thing of May day and badges were struck for most years pre war.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the info guys. I had no clue. Rich

Hi Ade. Just to keep it in the right historical way. The May Day is an american baby! You can read the story in wikipedia under "Haymarket Riot 1st Mai 1886". In Germany 1919 the parlament planned the 1st Mai as a public holiday but they didnt get the majority. So it became a official public holiday in 1933 and it is one up to now. Badges were struck not only pre war. Also in former DDR you can find these Mai pins every year.

Quote by debbi082009 View Post
    Hi Ade. Just to keep it in the right historical way. The May Day is an american baby! You can read the story in wikipedia under "Haymarket Riot 1st Mai 1886". In Germany 1919 the parlament planned the 1st Mai as a public holiday but they didnt get the majority. So it became a official public holiday in 1933 and it is one up to now. Badges were struck not only pre war. Also in former DDR you can find these Mai pins every year.
    Thanks for the info. Rich