Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sport tinnie

Article about: John, about your WHW tinny. The triangle is one of three. The round one you posted in another thread is second of three. So you have to look out only for the last one with swastika and iron

Default Re: Sport tinnie

@SADolch: You are right. Words are nothing.
    There is only one catalog regarding WHW. It is the THIESTE. But out of order. I have a friend he owns it and i could search into but he didnt allow me to make a copy.
    But i found the tinnies i an online-catalog reffering to the THIESTE.
    THIESTE-No. for this three tinnies are 472 to 474.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sport tinnie  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sport tinnie
    P
    Many

I found mine some years ago and asked a well known military dealer in Belgium what it was.
    He told me they are pins you could buy at a Politzei Tag in 1942. The swastica is original painted red. They are not strictly a Politzei pin as everbody who was there that day could get one. They seem to be common, and not very expensive.
    This is what I have been told, if that information is wrong than I am sorry.

Why do you feel sorry? This forum is to help all of us! We all can learn by each other. Thats why i love it.
    Regards from Peter
    and, if you are one day on vacation here in saxonia, feel free to come in and stay some days.

Peter,
    If these pins are in Thieste reference book ..i am sure they have been researched rather well..the reference i posted was from a Manions catalog "1979 "the only pin book at the time. I will now rename my pins... are you near my favorite town "Celle"..Thanks Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sport tinnie   Sport tinnie  

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Can anyone give me more information on this tinnie, is it a sport ? Which year etc
    Yours is number 1 in the set of 3, T472 (Tieste number), and they were distributed by the NSKOV, NSRKB, DRK and the RTB on the 28/29.3.42. Made of zinc, and they were not Police Day (Tag der Polizei) donation badges, they were 3KWHW RSS Tag der Wehrmacht donation badges.
    Last edited by Troy Tempest; 07-06-2011 at 10:21 AM.

These badges are WHW badges from 1942 as already explained ... the link you put in for the WHW category is no longer valid ... this one should work better: GermanDotMilitaria - WHW Tokens

Cheers, Torsten.

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Hi Feuerbach
    I have not found my pins on any page or collecters page other than WHW:

GermanDotMilitaria - WHW tokens

Bert's Sammlerecke

regards
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3