Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stick Pins 16mm - an assortment

Article about: Here are three 16mm Stick pins I picked up this weekend. I like these bigger 16mm versions better. And am trying to get as many as I can to match with the medals I have. 1) WW1 wound badge i

Very nice Michael, they have a lot of detail for being so small and thanks for posting them.

Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stick Pins 16mm - an assortment
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Mike,

That'a a nice 16mm PAB 'mini' that's defined as being a Type IV that is clearly based on the BH Mayer PAB design. There are three variants, 'A', 'B' and 'C'. The one you show is a type 'A' and is assumed the earliest as the pin was directly soldered onto the reverse before a small round baseplate was added later on. All the assumed later type 'B' badges have the baseplate exclusively, and can be easily differentiated from the type 'A' design by having a less rounded eagles head and a 'beard' of excess material below a more pronounced beak.

The type 'C' is known by a single example that has a less well defined cut out area around the cupola and barrel and is marked L/13 for Paul Meybauer, it also utilises a small round baseplate to secure the pin to the badge.

Regards, Ned.
    You must put these books under your head at night when you sleep Ned. Thanks for this. Great detail. I never would have thought that there were actual classifications of the vaiants of these minis.

thanks a million.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I really should just take them all out and post a picture. Most of them are the smaller 9mm size. I think I have 15+/-
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2