Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SU armband

Article about: I have had this one for some time and it was included in a lot I picked up. As the story goes, it was picked up in a factory in northern Germany on the Baltic. Just curious if anyone can con

?

Default SU armband

I have had this one for some time and it was included in a lot I picked up. As the story goes, it was picked up in a factory in northern Germany on the Baltic. Just curious if anyone can confirm what this is or shed any light to originality ect. Just curious if it should be allowed to rest with my authentic armbands or used to wax my car thanks in advance for your time!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SU armband   SU armband  

SU armband   SU armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SU armband
    P
    Many

?

So wax on or wax off? Any thoughts on this?

This may be a job exclusive armband worn at one location. If that is the case, it likely will be very difficult to identify.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bob,
    I was told that this was picked up at Nordholz 12 miles south of Cuxhaven, Germany on the North Sea and it was worn by guards at a manufacturing plant as the story goes. Thank you for your reply. Did not know if that was a "fish tale" or not.
    Anzel

It's an armband for forced laborers from the Soviet Union...SU is also often seen painted on prisoner's clothing...
    But I can't comment on authenticity...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

?

Glenn,
    Very interesting. I was trying to place the SU in German. S= schutz or something along those lines. So you are saying this May be similar to the ethnic indicating triangle bearing armbands used in other camps? Thanks for your input.

?

Just came across an image of an armband just like this one on germandagger's armband identification guide. They identify it as a Russian POW armband. Very helpful guide. Do you guys see this listing guide as accurate for future use?