Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tag Der Arbeit 1935 tinnie

Article about: I would appreciate any imput regarding this badge..........fake or true ?

Default Re: Tag Der Arbeit 1935 tinnie

It does indeed, but I cannot say if it's a bad one or not. I can say the detail in front is definitely a tad soft. I would not take this for my collection, would forever be wondering about its authenticity. Have tried google, but cannot find another hollow back badge like this, maybe not a bad sign in itself?

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tag Der Arbeit 1935 tinnie
    P
    Many

Just looked this up and it turns out there were over 80 different known makers for these, plus several other makers who did not mark their badges. (Even one made of cardboard) The concern is the lack of the design artist's initials.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the info. Any chance of a link Ade?

Tom

Ade Since you have a sound and sincere knowlegde of the period.......... I have but one question for you, if you had a collection would you add this to your own private set ?

Hi Bill, tinnies have only been copied in fairly recent times, the past 10 to 15 years or so? In the old days you could buy these without any worry. Only ones like the 1929 and 1933 Party Tag used to be reproduced. These Tag Der Arbeit 1935 badges are still cheap and easy enough to find, so it is always best to stick to "textbook" known original marker marked examples.

My biggest concern in the lack of the initials now: so I would pass on it.

Out of interest, have you owned this one long?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Not wanting to doubt anybody just an observation, i've never seen one with a vertical pin.
    That is a fair point: seen one with this style of pin, but horizontally mounted.

This is turning out to be an interesting thread. Just goes to show that it is not all about high end items.

Cheers, Ade.

The guy who gave me it said he picked it up in early 1975 while stationed in West Germany. He got it for the price of a pint.

Upon further searching (thanks Ade) I must admit that I've seen two never seen before types (by myself). A cardboard version approximately the same size as the aluminium badge, but rectangular in shape and a tombak presentation version in a case. I did not, however come across any such as the one in the 1st post.

Tom

Hi Bill, if you got it for nothing then you are OK These sell for about £20 now.

Cheers, Ade.

I have the vice.........I collect, and have no intention of selling these items. When they come my way I bury them along with my other items.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast