Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al

Article about: TeNo BOX BUCKLE - Brass (Reverse)

?

Default TeNo Men using Draeger / Auer Rebreather Units.

(Posted for joetauchretter)

Very nice post cards ! The rebreather device worn on the men in the post card are Deaga/Auer - Audos MR1 . The Audos MR1 looks very similar to the Draeger made Heeresatmer device .

The post card is a painting and not a photograph so the gas mask looks more like a general shape and design gas mask . In my opinion the gas mask looks like the gasmaske 200 or gasmaske 747 , both were widely used during the time frame of this post card .

Best Regards , Joe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al
    P
    Many

?

Default TeNo Training at the TN Reichsschule - Belzig - 1937

Training Exercises at the TN Reichsschule - Belzig - 1937

Thanks JOE !

From Joe's collection of DRAEGER-Helft, (Sept. - Oct. 1937) Joe found these nice fotos
    of TN men, in training.

* They are doing hard work (Marching!) while wearing the Gas Masks (in the Upper Foto) - &
    * Marching While wearing Draeger Rebreathing "Back Pack' Units (in the Lower Left Foto.)

Lower Right Foto - is of ERICH HAMPE, Stellv. Chef der TN, reviewing the training exercises
    at the TN Reichsschule - Belzig. He is pictured with Major des Generalstabs im RLM Polcher,
    and TN Landesführer z. V. Siebert.

Great Fotos & Information! Thanks JOE! ... Dave/dblmed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al  

schnellmann
    ?

Default Re: TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al

This is an unissued, mint, cuff title.
    Attached Images Attached Images TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al 
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 12-26-2009 at 05:30 PM.

?

Default TeNo Cuff Titles - EM/NCO & OFFICER Types

TeNo Cuff Titles - EM/NCO & OFFICER Types

The TeNo Cuff Titles were authorized in ca. 1940 & are seen on the Field-Grey Uniforms & Arbeit Uniforms of that time frame, and later. They were not worn on the Navy Blue / Dunkelblau 'classic' TN Uniforms (to the best of my knowledge.)

TeNo Cuff Titles - EM/NCO Type
    - were of a woven 'BeVo type' construction, using White / Off White Thread. (Lower 4 rows, in my 'box')

TeNo Cuff Titles - OFFICER Type - were of a woven 'BeVo type' construction, using Silver / Aluminum Thread. (5th row from bottom, in my TeNo goodies 'box.')
    ...Txs, Dave/dblmed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al  

schnellmann
    ?

Default Re: TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al

Quote by schnellmann View Post
    This is an unissued, mint, cuff title.
    Mine is an NCO cuff title, in case you are wondering. Too bad it is not an officers'

?

Default TN.-Oberscharführer Shoulder Boards

TN.-Oberscharführer Shoulder Boards

(Posted for CAMONUT) - Shown are 2 very nice examples of the TN Ranking (in effect 1 Dec. 1936 - 1 April 1940) for a TN.-Oberscharführer.

The shown examples have the 'Integral' Yellow Loop Tresse, which was sewn into place at the time that the Shoulder Boards were made. (This is confirmed by finding no Tresse exposed on the Reverse.) There are other examples in which the Yellow Loop is just slipped onto the Shoulder Board & either hand, or machine, sewn into place. (Yellow is visible on the Reverse, in this type.) The slip on types are believed to have been for 'field upgrades' / promotions, from the existing rank of TN.-Scharführer.

This style TN Shoulder Board also varies quite a bit in length, depending upon the manufacturer. It is not unusual to find 2 different length Shoulder Boards on the same TN Uniform.

The slight differences in the 'Yellow / Goldene" Loop / Tresse coloration are also shown nicely on these 2 boards. The color differences are felt to be the result of either extended sunlight exposure - or - a different manufacturer (or Both!)

Super TeNo • TN Insignia Examples! .... Thanks CAMONUT for Sharing Them!... Dave/dblmed

?

Default TeNo / TN Ortsführer Car Pennant Banner - 1

TeNo / TN Ortsführer Car Pennant Banner

I just received this nice TeNo / TN car pennant banner, for the rank of Ortsführer. [It would have been attached to a mini-flag pole, mounted to the left front fender of his official vehicle. A TN ‘open Eagle’ finial (topper) was attached to the top of the mini-pole. The TN banners & pennants were made such that the Eagle’s head faced the attaching pole.] I am really very pleased with the banner. Sources tell us that there were an estimated 2,500 TN Ortsgruppen during the TR. So there were a number of these car banners around at one time. This is the only complete TeNo car pennant banner [rectangular shaped] that I've come across. I’m sure that there must be other examples out there in collections. …

Below is how Bill Shea [The Ruptured Duck] describes it:

“… RARE TeNo High Ranking Official's Fender Pennant... one of a kind offering. This pennant is rectangular rather than the usual triangle shape. This would indicate a higher ranking official. It measures approximately 8.75" x 12" and is made of a deep royal blue vertically ribbed fabric. Then woven directly onto the fabric surface is the silver flat wire machine applied TeNo eagle. This very distinctive insignia is repeated on the back. There is a silver bullion border that is about 3/16" wide and is inset from the edge by approximately 1/2". This is all sewn over a steel framework which has adjustable attachments for slipping over the pole from the fender of the car. Condition wise, it is overall Very Good. There are some visible stains on both sides (see pictures). There is also one small hole (the actual hole is pin size but the damage to the surface is closer to that of a small thumb tack). But taking into consideration the scarcity of the piece, the condition is readily acceptable. I would consider this to be 10 times rarer than an SS fender pennant. …”

Txs, … Dave / dblmed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al   TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al  

?

Default TeNo / TN Ortsführer Car Pennant Banner - 2

TeNo / TN Ortsführer Car Pennant Banner - 2
    Attached Images Attached Images TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al 

?

Default Foto of TeNo Car Pennant Banner – on a Car!

Foto of TeNo Car Pennant Banner – on a Car!

I’d forgotten that I also had a foto of a TeNo Car Pennant Banner – on a car! [Since I never anticipated ever finding an actual TN banner when I got the foto, finding this is very nice surprise.]

The TeNo Banner shown in the Car foto is either for an Ortsführer or a Bezirsksführer (depending on the width of the outer Aluminum tresse.) In the very large Landesgruppen, such as LG X – based in Hamburg, they did have a Bezirsksgruppe as an intermediate level above the various Ortsgruppen. So, who knows?

The TeNo Car Pennant Banner [Stander] was flown from the Left front fender. I don’t know ‘if’ any other banner was used on the Right front [except that we could expect a swastika flag on it!] Maybe the nice blue TeNo Banner was sufficient for TN guys.

The car is a big Mercedes (MBZ) ‘touring car’ which must have been one of the perks of the office. I don’t know the MBZ model / type – but I’ll bet that some collector does know how to ID it. … Best, Dave / dblmed

?

Default TeNo BOX BUCKLE - Brass (Front)

TeNo BOX BUCKLE - Brass (Front)

Mike P. recently acquired this very special TeNo BOX BUCKLE - in Brass, directly from the family of a Vet:

"... Thought I’d add my new find to the Thread …it’s not Mint but , I’m really happy I found it ! ..." MP

It's quite a very special rare beauty!
    (It is thought to have been used from 1933 - until 1934, when the Swastika was introduced. No 'in wear' photos have yet surfaced. But, they will one day!)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast