Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al

Article about: TeNo BOX BUCKLE - Brass (Reverse)

?

Default TeNo BOX BUCKLE - Brass (Reverse)

TeNo BOX BUCKLE - Brass (Reverse)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al  
    Last edited by dblmed; 05-22-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: sp

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al
    P
    Many

?

Default TeNo Box Buckles - Congrats MIKE (!)

TeNo Box Buckles - Congrats MIKE (!)

Mike, what an Amazing find - a TeNo Box Buckle, in the Brass Configuration. [& Mike acquired this Buckle directly from a Vet's family! Amazing! Just goes to show that there are still "TR treasures" out in the woodwork/boxes/closets.]

I'm not a buckle afficianado, so I'll use Hugh Page Taylor's text from "Police, Vol. 2."

"...No regulations have been found that address the wear of the rectangular enlisted buckle. However, a TN enlisted buckle was illustrated in the Assmann & Sohne sales catalogue (probably 1932 - 1933), and in a 1933 Steinhauer & Lück sales catalogue. The 47mm x 63mm buckle was of plain brass with a silvered face plate featuring a hammer to form a "T" and a capital letter "N" superimposed on an eight spoke gear. ..."

Also a Nickel Silver TeNo Box Buckle of this same type, has been found. It looks to be by the same maker to my eyes, but I readily admit that I don't know the fine points of these.

Of Collector interest is that there are only 5-6 of the Brass & Nickel Silver TeNo Box Buckles in "known" Collections. They are a 'once-in-a-lifetime' find, IMO. [Who knows how many are still 'in the woodwork' like Mike's splendid Buckle?] ...Best, ... Dave / dblmed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al  

?

Default TeNo GOLD Dress Buckle-Landesführer XVII Walther Junecke

TeNo GOLD Dress Buckle - of Landesführer XVII Walther Junecke

Mike, I'm very fortunate to have acquired the 2 TeNo Box Buckles [Brass & Nickel Silver], which are shown above. (Formerly residing in the Marc Vertraete Van der Weyer - Belt & Buckle collection.) They now have a happy & loving new home, amongst their other TeNo friends.

I'll add the GOLD model of the TeNo Buckle, so that we have 'another member' of the TeNo family. I do not have the Brocade belt for it, but the 'Buckle Books' inform us that the Same brocade type was used for both the SILVER & the GOLD TeNo Buckles.

I was extremely lucky & met the sole surviving member of the W. Junecke family, from whom I acquired the remaining effects of TeNo Landesführer Walther Junecke, a few years ago. Junecke was Landesführer of TeNo Landesgruppe XVII, based in Wien (Vienna) from 1938-1943 - when he became Chef der Stabs, for the RATN in Berlin. He then returned to Vienna, and continued as Landesführer for 1944 - 1945.

The GOLD TeNo Buckle is a beauty on its own & is even brighter than shown. This example is marked "A" on the reverse for ASSMANN, the sole maker. Silver models have been found with either "A" - or an - "A-over-40" which is believed to represent the year of initial issuance of the TeNo buckle series. From my 'micro-examining' of a Silver & a Gold TeNo buckle, side-by-side, I believe that ASSMANN used the same Dies for both buckles, especially so, since the number of buckles to be produced was so small.

Amongst the effects of Landesführer Walther Junecke, were a large number of photos. The one shown is of him in dress regalia. All of his Uniform effects - Sleeve Eagle; Collar Tabs; Shoulder Boards; Buttons; Mützenkranz; Visor Piping & Chin Cord - are also GOLD in color.

Some neat uniform details in the photo, which are seldom seen, are the:
    • Black Mantel Lapels - authorized for the Ranks of Landesführer and above;
    • "Cut-Out" type Left Sleeve Eagle [Custom Embroidered];
    • Landesführer Junecke is wearing the Gold Buckle with Brocade.

Like you, Mike, I was also in the "right place at the right time" and I feel most fortunate to have acquired the Landesführer Junecke collection. ...Txs, Dave / dblmed
    Last edited by dblmed; 05-24-2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Sp

?

Default TeNo Calendar – for 1940

TeNo Calendar – for 1940

From examining & studying TeNo • TN publications & printed materials, we are much better able to learn about the functions & uses of the Technische Nothilfe at a particular time. Period printed materials & photos are rich sources of information.

This very nice complete 1940 TeNo Calendar (with images by the artist Döbrich Steglitz) unexpectedly came my way. The Calendar has 24 Color images (2 per month), all of which are actually “tear away” Postcards, Each Postcard has either 1 perforated “tear away” edge, if the Image is Landscape [Horizontal] – or - 2 perforated “tear away” edges if the Image is Portrait [Vertical.]

Of the 24 Postcards, 12 are of the familiar TeNo in action scenes - & - 12 are printed in Black w a Red 1st letter, with inspirational quotations by historical German figures, or by TeNo or NSDAP notables.

Only the cover of the 1940 Calendar was not in Postcard format, and it shows a team of Nothelfers using a hinged beam-&-truss, for lifting framework in a construction project. The scenes pictured in the TeNo Calendar from Right-to-Left and from Top-to-Bottom, shows:

• Jan 1940 – TN Nothelfers removing debris, following a fire or natural disaster;
    • Feb 1940 – Nothlefers providing lighting for an NSDAP night parade;
    • Mar 1940 – Nothelfers clearing a mountain highway collapse;
    • Apr 1940 – Nothelfers erecting a party Eagle on a framework;
    • Mai 1940 – Nothelfers salvaging iron & steel, to be reused for military purposes;
    • Jun 1940 – Nothelfers responding to a truck accident in the countryside;
    • July 1940 – Nothelfers learning bridge building at TN Reichsschule Belzig;
    • Aug 1940 – Nothelfers shoring up a building, following damage;
    • Sep 1940 – A quotation from H. Göring;
    • Oct 1940 – Nothelfers rebuilding a destroyed railway bridge, during the occupation of the Sudatenland;
    • Nov 1940 – Nothelfers repairing a break in the waterworks system;
    • Dec 1940 – Nothelfers in comradeship [Officers & Men] in the bar at the TN Reichsschule Belzig, after a day of Classes & Fieldwork;

The diversity of the pictured 1940 TeNo Calendar activities [which would be for pre-1940 era, since it was published in late 1939] shows the complex functions of the TN, in:
    • City & Countryside Civil Defense;
    • Countryside Disaster Response;
    • Countryside Accident Response [which included a Paramedic component];
    • Logistical Support for Party Activities;
    • Military Technical Support for the Heer, as TK 13, Technische Kommandos;
    • Construction and Reconstruction Activities;

These diverse TeNo functions & uses would only increase, as WWII progressed - & the need for the TN’s specialized technical units increased. The TN would be called upon to fulfill many varied technical activities both inside of the Reich, as well as in the occupied nations - & - in essentially all fronts of the war. Txs… Dave / dblmed

?

Default TeNo BLUE Mantel - Complete - 1

TeNo BLUE Mantel - Complete - 1

This type & quality TeNo Mantel doesn't come around very often! A web site recently
    listed for sale. [A bit too much on the pricey side for me I'll have to hope that
    another one shows up.]

Described as per the seller:

"....VERY RARE TENO OFFICER GREAT COAT.

This is a "Stone Mint" Greatcoat for an Officer of the Teno.
    Dark Blue heavy wool with black rayon lining. Has all Teno embossed Aluminium Buttons
    to the front and the Single button belt to the reverse. Scharfuhrer ( LTN. ) Rank collar patch
    with unit X/14 collar patch. Flatwire Oficer Armeagle and corresponding bullion shoulder boards
    -all insignia is originally sewn.

This is the first one we have seen and know of NO other. ..."

Dave / dblmed

?

Default TeNo BLUE Mantel - Complete - 2 It is a beauty!

TeNo BLUE Mantel - Complete - 2

It is a beauty!

Default Re: TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al

Well, I always have enjoyed following this very informative topic. So I think this is a good time to add some cutlery for a change. TENO had only two distinctive dress side arms, one being the hewer and the other the officers dagger. Both were produced solely by the Eickhorn firm in Solingen.

?

Default TeNo Kameradschafteführer w M43 Piped Cap

TeNo Kameradschafteführer w M43 Piped Cap

Thanks Cogwheel for sharing your spectacular collection of the "Best" of the Best, of TeNo Items! CONGRATS !

PHOTO: This outstanding Photo was just sold on eBay today, Aug. 18,2010. The sticker
    shock price was a bit too steep at 104 Euros! CONGRATS to the new owner & hope
    that he / she is a WAF member. [Even though I didn't get it, I'm pleased to see that
    the appreciation of the TeNo is growing.]

This photo shows a young TeNo Kameradschafteführer wearing the M43 Piped Cap.
    with Silver Edge Piping [for that rank.] I am 'guessing' at the Kameradschafteführer rank,
    as I see no distinctive TeNo 'pips' on his Shoulder Boards. [His youth is historically
    important - as too many writers repeat the outdated lines of "old guys in the TeNo."]
    We are seeing pictorially that this has proven to be incorrect.

His Right Collar Tab is black, without Numbers, signifying that he is unattached to
    a specific unit - or - that he just that he is serving outside of the Reich. Buttons
    are the plain type, without the distinctive TeNo Cog Wheel logo. [This helps to ID
    the time-line to 1941 or later.]

This Grey TeNo Uniform was worn alongside the distinctive Police Green 1943
    TeNo-Police Uniform, both until 1945. I can not ID his Ribbon Bar & Pin.

A Great Photo for our TeNo Archives! CONGRATS! ... Dave / dblmed

Default Re: TeNo Armscheibe Type 4.0–TeNo-POLICE EM/NCO EAGLE

I want one of the TeNo police eagles for my police collection. Maybe a set of TeNo Mesiter boards too!

Default Re: TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniforms, et al

A recent pickup of mine.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast