Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on my new KZ armbands

Article about: Hello everyone! I used to collect years ago. Mostly tinnies, a few daggers, a 38' Luger, stuff like that. Nothing big. Dumped my collection back in the 90s, switching gears to WW1 US. Well,

Default Thoughts on my new KZ armbands

Hello everyone! I used to collect years ago. Mostly tinnies, a few daggers, a 38' Luger, stuff like that. Nothing big. Dumped my collection back in the 90s, switching gears to WW1 US. Well, the interest is back in this genre again.

I just picked up these armbands today (on eBay). I know this is not the best place to pick up such items, and I know there are tons of fakes. I didn't spend a fortune on them, so if anything I'll have some nice dust rags . Now down to authentication, I'm not 100% sure if they are real or fake. Looking at the guy's other auctions, he seems pretty darn legit. Another good thing was that I didn't find an abundance of armbands in his inventory, or sold inventory for that matter, and his rep is solid. I don't think I'll be able to tell 100% if they are real or not until I get them, and even then. I am of course interested in your thoughts and input on them. Things like, they look too new, they look too nice, they look too uniform across the collection (aged the same way), they're missing other numbers, they're flat out fake and are not real in any sense - Fourth Reich.

1. Thoughts on my new KZ armbands

Just from google searches, I didn't couldn't find one just like this. Anyone have any info?

2. Thoughts on my new KZ armbands

I have no idea what this one is. Anyone know?

3. Thoughts on my new KZ armbands

Can't tell if this one is Pink, or if it's a faded red. Thoughts?

4. Thoughts on my new KZ armbands

Looks like a standard criminal one to me? Thoughts?

He also has this one for sale at the moment (and a few others). My hope is that he came across a collection from the same guy, and is dumping them.

5. Thoughts on my new KZ armbandsThoughts on my new KZ armbands

What are your thoughts on this one?

Not looking to go into deep discussion or waste anyone's time.

Thanks for taking a look. Apologies if this is not in the right forum. I'm new here. I tried to look up what I could before I posted.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on my new KZ armbands
    P
    Many

All junk-no authentic pieces in the lot... The construction is wrong, the materials are not right, the ink stamps are not right...aging is artificial....sorry.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I would tend to agree with William.

Much appreciated! I feared this would be the case. I certainly don't feel burned. Although he had them listed in 'period correct' items, he did mention that he's no expert, and that they could be fake. Like I said, I didn't spend much on them all, and I certainly won't be picking up more!

I agree with the others, fakes with artificial aging. Don't feel too bad, it happens to everyone at some point it seems. I'll send you mine so you can have a nice little collection of fakes

My SA armband

All that aside though, if he sold them as legit and they're fakes, you may try an ebay claim when they come in if he won't let you return them. The seller descriptions must accurately describe the items. If he claims he's no expert, he's probably still knows they're fakes and is trying to cover himself. Did he offer a return period?

?

There is a a couple of ways to see fakes since i am recreate ancient calligraphic works and some other art i then "age" .- But i am not sharing these details on a forum where fakers visit regulary to see what details they need to change.

This is his description for one of the armbands. They're pretty close for all the others.

No return period.

"THIS PIECE IS A WWI GERMAN ARMBAND WITH A WORD (KAPO) . IT HAS MARKING THAT CAN BE SEEN IN PICTURE. I DO NOT KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THEM DO NOT HAVE ANY BACK GROUND ON THEM THEY ARE AS IS.
    THERE ARE NO REFUNDS , SO PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE BEFORE BIDDING ON THE ITEM."

I could probably fight it, not sure if I'd win. If I end up keeping them, I could at least display them as fake . I'll buy from here in the future, and other approved sites!

It doesn't matter, if the description says "no refunds"....PayPal, if you paid through them, will usually back your return claim anyway.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks again for your input and assistance everyone, as well as the warm welcome.

On a side note, aside from the classified section here, It looks like through my digging there are some sites that are looked upon well here:

[QUOTE=talltom;399718]i can recogment a few sites then for you all are very trustworthy
    The Collector's Guild for everything
    Lakesidetrader German Dagger & Military Collectable Site daggers
    Jamie Cross Militaria medals
    3 best for all things TR

Any other web sources you all might suggest?

I'll be steering clear of Snyders as well. Hopefully I'll be good enough to judge these things for myself at some of the gun shows here locally at some point!

A seller will get screwed every time, no matter if he states "No Returns/No Refunds" nor how honestly he describes and/or photographs the item...I'm going through that right now with a buyer- On an Original Item - and I will no longer sell on US Ebay as a result...At some point, the buyer has to take responsibility and do his homework before committing to a purchase....
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast