Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Three Dutch medals.

Article about: Difficult to know what part of the forums to list these so I'll put them here but if anybody can point me to a better part of the site to list them please do, I chose this forum as the NSB w

Default Three Dutch medals.

Difficult to know what part of the forums to list these so I'll put them here but if anybody can point me to a better part of the site to list them please do, I chose this forum as the NSB was the Dutch equivalent of the Nazi Party and the WA the Dutch equivalent of the SA.

I was given these three in the same well folded clear pvc bag more than 20 years ago by a friend whose elderly relative had "been in the war" but, so I was told, not in any typical army. I couldn't figure out what they were and put them into a box.

A couple of months ago I saw on an auction site one of these being sold for a surprising amount. So I dug the box back out and looked again.

I know from that auction and web research that the two identical round medals are NSB medals commemorating "party members" who were rounded up and imprisoned during the German invasion of Holland in 1940, if I'm correct they were awarded to these "party members" in 1941? Surely there couldn't of been thousands and thousands locked up? And I have TWO medals?

However the third medal? It has similar elements in it, it's certainly Dutch and it was with the other two . . . but try as I might I simply can't find this one anywhere.

Any comments welcome? Any help with that unknown medal?

Three Dutch medals.Three Dutch medals.Three Dutch medals.Three Dutch medals.
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-30-2016 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Removed duplicate photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three Dutch medals.
    P
    Many

Sorry for the big empty gap and pix duplicated . . . typical newbie error . . . can't edit my posting either.

The third one is a prize from a marching event:

The Kerstmarsch [Christmas March] was an annual route march for members of the W.A.

"Groepsprijs" means "group prize".

(Sorry, I have no additional information on the piece's history, criteria, value etc..)

Thank you to "rbminis" for removing my unnecessary wastage of server space . . . I will try to do better.

This group price is not NSB.
    In reference books labeled it as being NSB medal but that's true of anything at all, as I told you.
    After uniforum prohibition and elimination of the liability there is no NSB Christmas marches walk
    The fifth Christmas march is gone after 36 back in 1940.
    You can read it in the newspapers of the NSB.
    There were at that time other associations running marches, not just the NSB!

NSB medal commemorating complete with original box See here
    Last edited by jan holland; 02-05-2016 at 10:55 AM.