MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms

Article about: WOW truly amazing uniforms Bob.I especially like the last one you posted.

Default Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms

For a number of years, I have been interested in the various uniforms and pieces of headwear worn by the various NSKK Todt and Speer Organizations. Very little reference information is available on these organizations. Hopefully, some of our members will have something to add to this thread.
    I will start with the tunic and visor cap of a Transport Gruppe Todt NSKK officer. The blank right collar tab indicates the Todt organization. Of interest are the buttons, that are also unit marked. The rank is Feldkornett. These paramilitary formations served as auxillary transport of war materials to the front and also confiscated goods back to Gerany from occupied areas. The black shoulder strap piping indicates the owner was a member of the Allgemeine or General Transport Todt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms   Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms  

Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms   Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms  

Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 12-28-2008 at 06:13 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms
    P
    Many

Default Re: Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms

A lightweight M-42 tunic worn by a French NSKK Speer volunteer. The light blue waffenfarbe of the French NSKK is used not only on the shoulderboard but also the triangle on the front of the reissued French helmet. The rank collar tabs indicates a field promotion to the rank of oberkraftfaher by the addition of the two vertical litze.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms   Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms  

Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 12-28-2008 at 06:12 AM.
    BOB

A tunic for the rank of Unterfahrmeister, Allgemeine branch of Transport Gruppe Speer. The Heer breast eagle indicates the owner was a member of a group attached to Heer units.

Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 12-28-2008 at 06:15 AM.
    BOB

The tunic of a Transport Gruppe Speer officer attached to the Technischer Dienst or Technical Branch, which is indicated by the pink piping. Although the other ranks in TGS all used the same rank terminology, the officer grade names were different according to the branch of the organization. A 2nd Lt. in the Technisch Dienst was referred to as a Ingenieur or Engineer. Note the NSKK form eagle is mounted on the breast and without the NSKK banner. That g=feature dates this tunic to early 1944 when wear of the scroll was abolished.

Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 12-28-2008 at 06:16 AM.
    BOB

pegase001
    ?

Hi

I really like the frenck NSKK tunic, the adrian helmet is a beauty

pegase001

very nice,love these rare tunics.

The most obscure of the Speer organization was Transportflottila Speer.
    This organization supplied water transport for war materials as did their land based counterparts. The normal uniform wore gold buttons and insignia. This coat was worn by a NCO of the administrative branch, on whose uniforms silver buttons and insignia were worn. The owner of this mantel served within Germany evidenced by the wear of the NSKK eagle on the right arm and the kampfbinde on the left ar. Those serving outside Germany wore the eagle on the left arm or breast and did not wear the lampfbinde.

BOB

Having had the pleasure and honor of seeing these items in person over the weekend, all I can say is that the pics do not do them justice!

greg koepp
    ?

Man I kick myself in the butt for not saving the Tunic's I had on Speer! I thought I would be able to re-buy or pickup new ones easy and now???

Bob very nice and rare Uniforms, I'll tell you I have been into Todt for a long time and have NEVER seen a button like whats on yours, this is so significant in the collecting world that I still can't get over they had a button like it! This is a very rare find and super in the evolution in the Transportation Speer/Todt OR Todt/Speer more like it. You've seen my Road Sign I have but will re-post it here on this site so it can be seen too. But it goes great with that set!!

Bob if you can send me some REALLY good photos, (not like your norm) LOL!! of the Tunic set and button detail so I can add it to my book on Todt. thanks Bob, IF anyone else has stuff please contact me: gkkoepp@bak.rr.com

I must say Bob Hirtz has a Speer Tunic for sale now, and this posting sure will help in the market, I own a few items still in the Speer area and now most of my collection is Todt, but I sure wish I had more in both as they go hand and hand in some aspects.

I will tell you for the first timeI've never told anyone, and that is I have photos of a Org Todt Honor Ring box that was offered to me at a show along time ago, it's never been shown or seen sense but I took photos of it then and wish I had the $10,000.00 she wanted for it and the Ring!!! Man the things you miss!!! now you can't get anything or they want $$$$$$$$$$

But here's that Road Sign again, sorry for going on and on,.,. Oh Bob I have a Large leather bound Book with thick pages that is for Transportation Speer, I picked it up from a Vet (story) lol,.,. But I have never seen one like it before?? if you want I can post photos, but it is very interesting and could have been for the Unit History and never done???.

thanks greg

Attached Images Attached Images Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms 

greg koepp
    ?

OH Bob here's a sign on the top that is for the Rare Uniform you showed, NSKK Transportflottila Speer... cool shot and afew others I have. Oh Bob you like Dogs so here's one, lol also the man in the Uniform is said to be from the Speer/Todt Unit?? And also a Police Unit putting up signs like mine, in the front. neat..

OH that decal in my photo above is the one still on the back of the Todt/Speer Sign, how cool is that!!

greg

Attached Images Attached Images Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms  Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast