Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unfinished sports patch?

Article about: I picked this up a few months ago. I've been trying to match the eagle with other examples on line but I can't find any exact matches.. Unfinished sports patch? Fake?... Thanks guys.

Default unfinished sports patch?

I picked this up a few months ago. I've been trying to match the eagle with other examples on line but I can't find any exact matches.. Unfinished sports patch? Fake?... Thanks guys.

unfinished sports patch?

unfinished sports patch?

unfinished sports patch?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unfinished sports patch?
    P
    Many

There is a thread on these somewhere which identifies that 99% of these are fakes.

I picked this up for $13 at an antique shop in Minneapolis. Being a fake wont break me by ant means, it just amazes me on what people will try to fake..

?

I found this pic on line listed as SA sports patch.

unfinished sports patch?unfinished sports patch?
    unfinished sports patch?

Here is the description of the item from the website.

SA Sport Shirt Patch (Item SA 6-7)

DESCRIPTION: This is a very nice embroidered patch for SA sport shirt. The patch has the fine embroidered early eagle of the Sturmabteilung and even the “Ges. Gesch.” is embroidered. This is a very fine addition to a Kampfzeit collection. Wingspan is 3 ¾ inches, height is 3 ½ inches.
    PRICE: $125.00

Whether these are original, that I do not know. Most opinions seem to be on the fake side.

Gunny249 has a thread on sports insignia. 1900-1945

Thank you visor! I'm conflicted. May not throw it in the trash just yet.

Believe it or not fakes are present in reference books............... opinions have been given so now it us up to you whether or not you take on said opinions

It was stated that some of these are real and some are fakes.. At the very least it wont be going up for sale or in the trash until more light is shed on them. A state of limbo if you will..

?

i would hold on to it, pending further research. I hope it goes your way, best of luck. Interesting subject. Maybe start looking for early sport event pics, see if you can fluke into a period pic.

Thanks Visor, that's exactly what I will do.

Most of them glow and do not pass the burn test. There is no evidence to prove or disprove the use of these as sport shirt patches let alone any documentation of its use at all as far as I have seen. It is thought to be sport related do to the size and construction that resembles other sport shirt patches. There has been some that I have seen that do appear to be original but once again no evidence as to what it was used for. I have yet to see any reference book give any supporting documentation to the claim of sport patch. At this point it is an educated guess. I only collect sport items and have yet to find any info on this item, but please keep in mind that new things are found every day. I have seen these on shorts and pennant but who knows when they were added.
    If interested in sport items please look at this thread I started, I have more coming soon. Sport insignia 1900-1945

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast