Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Uniform Of Gauleiter Robert Wagner

Article about: This is one of my purchases at the SOS. The pre 1939 pattern tunic and breeches of the Gauleiter of Baden, Robert Wagner. Although this tunic is private purchase, it is not named. However, t

Default Uniform Of Gauleiter Robert Wagner

This is one of my purchases at the SOS. The pre 1939 pattern tunic and breeches of the Gauleiter of Baden, Robert Wagner. Although this tunic is private purchase, it is not named. However, the ribbon bar, which is original to the tunic, displays medals Wagner was awarded. The tunic was also tailored in the political center of Baden. The cap is proper for wear with this tunic and was purchased seperately at the SOS but is not Wagner's.
    Wagner was tried for crimes against humanity by a French military court and executed by firing squad in 1946.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Of Gauleiter Robert Wagner   Uniform Of Gauleiter Robert Wagner  

Uniform Of Gauleiter Robert Wagner   Uniform Of Gauleiter Robert Wagner  

Uniform Of Gauleiter Robert Wagner  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uniform Of Gauleiter Robert Wagner
    P
    Many

Default Re: Uniform Of Gauleiter Robert Wagner

Bob
    That sure is a nice item, especially with its history. Did you see it? or was it put by waiting for you? I know when i went to the SOS last year, things were under the table, waiting for the buyer to come in

Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just nicer when you spot it before anyone else

?

Thank goodness Mr. Wagner wasn't wearing the uniform when he was shot. That is a really classy outfit sir. Beautiful.

Quote by JMB View Post
    Bob
    That sure is a nice item, especially with its history. Did you see it? or was it put by waiting for you? I know when i went to the SOS last year, things were under the table, waiting for the buyer to come in

Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just nicer when you spot it before anyone else
    This piece, along with several other, were brought for me to look at. When i came up to the owner's table, the items were on the table top and not underneath. We came to terms on four very nice political uniforms.
    BOB

?

Top of the line - Congrat,s

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Very nice pickups. Wish I had the extra cash to pick up a few extra uniforms. Yes, I am jealous. Beautiful tunic in what looks to be in great shape. The ribbon bar is beautiful.

Hi Bob, you know how I love attributed items. Great addition to your collection!

Thanks for sharing it.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Beautiful item!!
    Can you tell me what the second ribbon award is?

pjm
    ?

The orders on the ribbon: Iron Cross, Karl Friedrich Merit Order, Zaehringer Lion Order, Honor Cross 1934 and the last one???

The Order of Bertold the First has a similar red and yellow ribbon although it seems odd that it would placed after the Honor Cross.

Quote by pjm View Post
    The orders on the ribbon: Iron Cross, Karl Friedrich Merit Order, Zaehringer Lion Order, Honor Cross 1934 and the last one???

The Order of Bertold the First has a similar red and yellow ribbon although it seems odd that it would placed after the Honor Cross.
    Paul-
    the last award is a Baden service cross for those who volunteered to serve in WW1. Here is a great site I found to identify all of the obscure Imperial medal ribbonshttp://www.medals.lava.pl/de/de3.htm
    BOB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast