Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown armband

Article about: I am hoping that someone can help me identify this armband. I was told it was for a messenger but cant find anything to compare it to. Thanks.

?

Default Unknown armband

I am hoping that someone can help me identify this armband. I was told it was for a messenger but cant find anything to compare it to. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown armband
    P
    Many

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The search engine here is your friend!

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...armband-10891/

I think it is bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, the piece you have shown is not an original - just one of many different fantasy designs that are available. Some have Waffen-SS stamp markings, others have an embroidered Star of David. Regarding cloth items such as the armbands of the ghetto, one should remember that authentic pieces are extremely rare - keep this fact in mind when considering other pieces in the future.

...in fact I would go further than Carl and say that there are NO authentic ghetto armbands or Jewish patches for sale, period.

Do not believe any of the family donation or survivor donation stories, or spurious associations to former KL prisoner names and numbers etc they are all fiction!

Do not be fooled by a high sale/offer price that seems to add weight to claims of rarity and authenticity! It is a deliberate ploy to reassure you, after-all if it were too cheap then you would naturally think from the outset it must be fake! Do not believe claims of passing black light tests and the alleged proof photos often accompanying these claims.

I have yet to see any categoric proof of authenticity of any Jewish armbands when confronting sellers to provide such....just the same old fictional stories that don't pass any reasoned scrutiny....along with a certain amount of hostility for doubting and questioning

A Google "image" search for "Eilbote armband" will give you many more examples... of many more fakes!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Why would any victim of the Holocaust want to keep such an item as a souvenir? Why would any individual associated with the prosecution of the Holocaust wish to retain anything associated with it? Common sense needs to be applied when it comes to these type of items.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.