Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown German SA badge

Article about: I've recently come across this picture of an SA man. Judging by the background he is likely at some kind of event/wettkampf. Although he's wearing some kind of homemade(?) badge on his chest

?

Default Unknown German SA badge

I've recently come across this picture of an SA man. Judging by the background he is likely at some kind of event/wettkampf. Although he's wearing some kind of homemade(?) badge on his chest. If I were to be really obvious here I'd say thats the sieg rune? Is it just a very uncommon badge or am I right on saying that it's some type of decorational homemade piece?

Unknown German SA badgeUnknown German SA badge

Hope someone could tell me what it is!

Regards,
    Bas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown German SA badge
    P
    Many

I can't ID it, but I can tell you that it is not an SA badge and he is not an SA man.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I can't ID it, but I can tell you that it is not an SA badge and he is not an SA man.
    Thank you, HPL. I'm not sure I didn't notice this myself... Probably due to the fact that he was listed as an SA man. That is also why I assosciated the badge with the SA in that way. Are you able to ID what organisation the man belongs to in any way? I could understand if you can't, I can see little hints other than his medals which are just medals from the period.

Stupid of me, but if you hadn't pointed out the very obvious I'd still think it were an SA man.

Thank you again, HPL!

Regards,
    Bas

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    Are you able to ID what organisation the man belongs to in any way?
    Like I said, I cannot. (I think I have seen this somewhere before, but can't quite put my finger on it.)

Personally, I think he is either a member of a (not necessarily Nazi-affiliated) Weimar-era political-/paramilitary-/youth organisation or a member of some pro-Nazi/pro-German foreign political organisation made up of or at least including ethnic Germans. (He is wearing a WWI EK 1 and a DRA sports badge.)

At first, I was thinking there might be a connection to the youth organisation of the German-American Bund, which used a similar emblem (a black diamond with white outlines and a single white Sigrune), but looking at period photographs of its members, I have not found an example of it worn in this way as a breast badge and have also found that the proportions used by the Bund are wholly different, with the rune not touching the borders. So that's probably not the answer.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Like I said, I cannot. (I think I have seen this somewhere before, but can't quite put my finger on it.)

Personally, I think he is either a member of a (not necessarily Nazi-affiliated) Weimar-era political-/paramilitary-/youth organisation or a member of some pro-Nazi/pro-German foreign political organisation made up of or at least including ethnic Germans. (He is wearing a WWI EK 1 and a DRA sports badge.)

At first, I was thinking there might be a connection to the youth organisation of the German-American Bund, which used a similar emblem (a black diamond with white outlines and a single white Sigrune), but looking at period photographs of its members, I have not found an example of it worn in this way as a breast badge and have also found that the proportions used by the Bund are wholly different, with the rune not touching the borders. So that's probably not the answer.
    Thank you for at least pointing me in the right direction. You are very much appreciated, HPL!

Regards,
    Bas