Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?

Article about: by Wagriff In general, as a rule of thumb, I view most anything with these ubiquitous ink stamps as suspicious. A good point. However, period pieces do exist with Eigentum stamps. My first p

Default Re: Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    In general, as a rule of thumb, I view most anything with these ubiquitous ink stamps as suspicious.
    A good point. However, period pieces do exist with Eigentum stamps. My first political armband purchased in the late 1950's for $3.00 had two ink stamps "Reichsparteitag 1933" and "Reichsparteitag 1934." I also had a RLB officer's tunic with a City of Hannover Eigentum stamp on it. The piece has to be studied in total to determine the authenticity of stamps.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?

I agree-the stamps absolutely did exist. But once the fakers either got a hold of some of them or else had them made for themselves back in the 70's, they went nuts and stamped everything they could put a stamp on. Even today, you still see fake stamps being sold by Themselves. Is a shame, as it really ruined credibility for them everywhere. It's Extremely difficult to authenticate an older fake ink stamped item now. I know I wouldn't want to do it!
    Last edited by Wagriff; 01-30-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I agree-the stamps absolutely did exist. But once the fakers either got a hold of some of them or else had hem made for themselves back in the 70's, they went nuts and stamped everything they could put a stamp on. Even today, you still see fake stamps being sold by Themselves. Is a shame, as it really ruined credibility for them everywhere. It's Extremely difficult to authenticate an older fake ink stamped item now. I know I wouldn't want to do it!
    100% agree with every thing you say. One of the telling points is often the stamp does not make any sense combined with the armband it is on. That is one of the few ways to tell. The other is reliable provenance.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2