Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

VOLKSSTURM ARMBAND for a 2nd Opinion

Article about: Thanks to all on this forum for your help. Seeking a 2nd 3rd or even 4th opinion on this armband. Thanks again for all warrelics assistance

I am with bob on the OPs armband.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VOLKSSTURM ARMBAND for a 2nd Opinion
    P
    Many

The Germans did not stamp the back of armbands. I don't care what type of armband it is. The one in the picture appears to be a NSDAP auxillary band.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree with the assessment of the first armband posted in this thread. It looks too far away from other examples for my comfort level. This style is common and inexpensive in the collecting world and good period examples can be found in many places. I personally would never use any sellers site to authenticate or identify items, there are other better resources.

?

The Militaryitems.com website does not particularly instill me with confidence. It's not the place
    to be relying on for authentication of any sort.

Regards
    Brett

Sorry, but I also agree that the OP's armband does not look genuine to me. The details are poor and, as said, the ink stamp on the back side is just silly. These armbands are plentiful and not all that expensive. I would continue looking around if you are intent on picking one up. But, as always, put up some good photos here first and see what everyone thinks of it. That way you'll be safe and will end up owning a nice genuine piece that you can be content and satisfied with.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The Germans did not stamp the back of armbands. I don't care what type of armband it is. The one in the picture appears to be a NSDAP auxillary band.
    always learn something new
    what I have clear is that I give credibility 99.8%(nobody is perfect) to what say a "green man" in this forum to other sources outside it.

I add to the blacklist of snyder's treasures the militaryitems.com.
    Jedem das Seine

Odd how individuals who start a thread only to discover their item is fake never post a "thank you" to those who took their time to to share their knowledge. VERY SAD!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I assure you for my part that there will always a thank you for your time and for all involved in a resolution of a thread.

even if it means be a disappointment.

truth is what matters.
    Jedem das Seine

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Odd how individuals who start a thread only to discover their item is fake never post a "thank you" to those who took their time to to share their knowledge. VERY SAD!
    Even worse are the ones that find out that their item is original and valuable and still vanish with no word...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2