Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Volkssturm Wehrmacht armband,would like another real/fake opinion

Article about: Hello again, as some of you probably remember I've been seeking a Volkssturm armband. Well, came across this one for \\$45.00 which is what I'm looking to pay. Just wanted to get a couple opin

Default Volkssturm Wehrmacht armband,would like another real/fake opinion

Hello again, as some of you probably remember I've been seeking a Volkssturm armband. Well, came across this one for $45.00 which is what I'm looking to pay. Just wanted to get a couple opinions on it. The concerns I have is the stitching is red, usually the thread is white or black on the examples I've seen. Other than that, I've compared it with other examples and it seems alright.

Thank you very much everyone for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkssturm Wehrmacht armband,would like another real/fake opinion
    P
    Many

?

I couldn't say as i haven't the expertise , but looks like a nice one - and i want one now as it would look nice in my HJ collection . Well done on your latest acquisition mate. And a really great price too

Looks like a nice original example to me, fair price also!

original, look at the various threads on this.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks for the replies, I sent the guy an email...hoping he's still got it. I've been dying to add some bigger pieces to my collection, Third Reich pieces are fairly common but for me it's just waiting for prices within my budget to turn up.

same with all off us,the price has got to be right.hope you get it.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    original, look at the various threads on this.
    Oh yes, I've spent much time reading everything I can on the forums here. I read that these armbands were printed hastily at the end of the war, quality varies greatly, shape of the eagle, and the ink seeping through the back are all things to look for. The only thing that concerned me was the red stitching, a minor thing but useful to notice. Back when I was a Volkswagen technician I would have dropped the $45.00 on this straight away then ask questions later, but now that I'm a flight instructor I consider 45 bucks to be a lot of money.

When it comes to the NSDAP pins and such other badges I've gotten great at spotting fakes from things I learned here, but cloth relics are a bit more challenging.

Guy finally emailed me back and said he sold it already. Ahh why don't people remove their ads when an item is sold! I was excited, oh well back to searching around.

Thank you for the reply!