Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wehrmacht civilian employee pin - is this a typical variant?

Article about: Hi everyone, The workmanship on these particular lapel pins must be all over the place, many of them looking like the dies were made by trainees. These are way out of my knowledgebase (I'm u

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Ruptured Duck is currently selling one of these as a Police/Customs (Zoll) Stick-pin for $55....But yours appears to be of higher quality....
    cheers, Glenn
    The one I've got is almost devoid of the silver finish but the metal is extremely smooth, with no visible wear and no trace of zinc pest. It has places where the metal almost looks "smashed" down in places (particularly the "radiale" of the right wing), but I don't think it was done post-production. In a nutshell, it strikes me as being another item churned out cheap and fast... which it may have been. These devices are fairly small - about 30mm wide x 19mm high - so they look pretty good until one magnifies them!

(Like so much else in life.)

Another militaria site has a thread on these badges that has pictures of a very nice (presumably aluminum rather than zinc-based) variant with much better attention to the die-making. Some German sites seem to have them available as well, many more or less using the "Abzeichen fur Angestellte and Arbeiter bei Heer, etc" terminology. Others say "police, " etc, so for now it reamins a minor mystery.

Regards,

G. Kelly

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht civilian employee pin - is this a typical variant?
    P
    Many

Nice pin, I have the horizontal pin version. Was told that it was definitely for Civilians in the employ of the Wehrmacht, whether male or female, I don't know.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht civilian employee pin - is this a typical variant?   Wehrmacht civilian employee pin - is this a typical variant?  

Here is another version of this stickpin, but in aluminum. Compared to the original subject of the thread, the dimensions are virtually identical but the weight is considerably less, and the pin is both shorter and without "rifling."

Regards,

G. Kelly

Wehrmacht civilian employee pin - is this a typical variant?Wehrmacht civilian employee pin - is this a typical variant?Wehrmacht civilian employee pin - is this a typical variant?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2