Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What is this?

Article about: A friend's father brought this back as a souvenir. He has since passed away. Anyone have an idea of service branch and where it was worn?

?

Default What is this?

A friend's father brought this back as a souvenir. He has since passed away. Anyone have an idea of service branch and where it was worn?
    Attached Images Attached Images What is this?  What is this?  What is this? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this?
    P
    Many

schnellmann
    ?

Default Re: What is this?

That is the front emblem from a Police Tschako - or cap. I have attached one.
    Attached Images Attached Images What is this? 

?

I knew someone out there had the answer. Thank you for your help.

schnellmann
    ?

No problem. Exercise EXTREME CARE if attempting to straighten out the bent-over studs. You will find they are likely to break if you straighten them out. Heating them with a torch MAY help prevent them from breaking. Or you could just leave them alone.

Actually, I think you will find it is not a cap eagle?

This is the eagle which is worn on the Police ammo pouch cartouche.

There is nothing wrong with the fixings: these are conventional and allowed a split pin type fastener to be removed so the leather pouch can be cleaned.

Here is one for sale which gives some details about size etc. Note this has three fixings on the reverse:

The Collector's Guild

Now compare to the eagle from the Tschako: two fixings and a different overall size:

The Collector's Guild

The maker of yours is "FLL" or Friedrich Linden, Luedenscheid

Cheers, Ade.

?

Again, thanks for this information. The knowledge available on this site is astounding. Best regards.

schnellmann
    ?

I stand corrected! I guess I am asking way too little for MY mint eagle, if collector's guild is in line... You hear that Matt?

No problem. My pleasure to try and help.

The trouble is, the prices at the site I used to illustrate the two forms of insignia are set by people adding items on consignment. The qualtity of goods there can be recommended, but things are never cheap.

Cheers, Ade.