Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of this RAD gorget??

Article about: Hello all. I don't know much about these. So what do you think??? I may have a chance to get this one. What are these worth??? Any help would be Appreciated Thanks, John

Default What do you think of this RAD gorget??

Hello all.
    I don't know much about these. So what do you think??? I may have a chance to get this one. What are these worth??? Any help would be Appreciated
    Thanks,
    John

What do you think of this RAD gorget??What do you think of this RAD gorget??What do you think of this RAD gorget??What do you think of this RAD gorget??What do you think of this RAD gorget??What do you think of this RAD gorget??What do you think of this RAD gorget??
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think of this RAD gorget??
    P
    Many

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...gorget-226692/
    It looks pretty similar to this one!....

Never seen one of these so I'm no expert, but looks fake, soldered, new cloth.

?

Hello,
    No expert at all either, but if I remember correctly from what I have read I don't believe that the rad symbol on the gorgets should be enamelled. I have read threads,not sure on which forums that mention that. I hope that others with expertise in these items comments because my memory may be faulty regarding this.
    Duzig(Bill)

Something to think about first what is the price as this example is over $1500...and compare the clips position..and the stamping on the clip which IMO should be a RZM number OR a company name. Next not sure of the paint as was mentioned..which looks to been done recently..as it does not match the tarnished and dirty conditon of the rest of the gorget.( Photo credit Brian Maederer )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think of this RAD gorget??   What do you think of this RAD gorget??  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The one posted above may well be another variant type.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello,
    I haven't done a search on this forum yet but I do remember reading that the rad emblem should not be colored and that the type shown by Larry is what it should look like. As I said this info comes from what I have read, I don't own any gorgets at all. I don't know whether links from other forums are allowed here for info but I do have some links to these gorgets that I found on other forums that I found doing a search.
    regards,
    Duzig(Bill)

Thanks guys for what we have so far. I haven't seen a lot of these. Is anyone on the forum that collects these??? I have searched the forum and can't seem to find a lot of information on these. Paul. Thanks for the link picture.

John

The gorget with post 1 is just a fake, no more then that. RAD buckles were not marked DRGM,
    nor with RZM. The RZM was not competent at all for RAD-materials. This was the RAD
    Reichsleitung. Originals NEVER do have an enameled symbol. This last is always an indication
    for fake!
    Look for a Deumer, Steinhauer or Imme version, as these are originals anyway. Note also the
    tang with RAD gorgets always is upwards and not down!

Thanks. That is what I needed to make a sound Decision.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast