MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

What kind of badge is this?

Article about: Hey guys, i have seen this badge but i am not sure what it is? I was thinking that it could be some sort of farmers union membership badge with the owners membership number (4838), just wond

Default What kind of badge is this?

Hey guys, i have seen this badge but i am not sure what it is? I was thinking that it could be some sort of farmers union membership badge with the owners membership number (4838), just wondering if any of you guys can help me out please,
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of badge is this?   What kind of badge is this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of badge is this?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What kind of badge is this?

Hi Glen, it is a Deutscher frauenarbeitsdienst brosche.

Lots for sale online if you Google it.

The damage is going to hurt the value.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It's a duty brooch of the Deutscher Frauenarbeitsdienst [German Women's Labor Service], the forerunner of the RADwJ.

A bronze brooch was worn by members with the rank of Arbeitsmaid, silver denoted a Maidenführerin and gold a Lagerführerin.

The Sütterlin text says "Arbeit für dein Volk - Adelt dich selbst" [Labor for your people - ennobles yourself] in the top part of the border, with the organization's name in the lower part.

It's missing its pin and for some reason it has a hole drilled through.

Thanks guys for the great information, do you guys know how many were issued?
    Thanks, Glen.

Sorry no idea on that one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Glen, Google or Wikipedia should know, they are your friends!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Hey guys, the seller wanted me to make him an offer, i said £15 which he accepted, is this a good price?
    Thanks, Glen.

I think 15 is alrighty.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]