Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Where were you in '22? (1922)

Article about: Hello everyone! I've been wanting to share this for a while, but I'm currently going through some health issues that prevent me from spending much time at the computer. Hopefully, I'll be ov

A photo of Grimminger and Maurice wearing their badges before the Blood Orders introduction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where were you in '22? (1922)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where were you in '22? (1922)
    P
    Many

Fantastic Erich! You probably have the best and largest Coburg Badge related collection known to exist. Most of the pieces you show are even rarer than the badge it self. I wanted to see if I might add the book "Kampf im Coburg" to my collection and was quite surprised at what these can sell for. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing one any time soon.

The poster has one of the nicest designs of all Third Reich posters. Not only are you fortunate to find one, but to find one in this condition is outstanding. Truly a work of art.

The platter too is wonderful. Do you know if these were awarded or could they be purchased by the general public?

I've also looked for one of the 1932 Coburg Day Badges, with no luck, a difficult tinnie to find apparently.

As for your CB, it is one of the nicer toned pieces, which can range in color from golden to dark brown. It too, as most 1st pattern badges, has had it's pin repaired, which only enhances the desirability. Now if I recall, was this one found to be in possession of a major Third Reich personality? Was it Kaltenbrunner?

The Christmas Card is another item I've not seen before, just wonderful.

Thank you for sharing these cherished pieces of history with us here!

Marcus

Marcus,

The pin on my badge is original and the catch is a period replacement. As we know, the pin and catch was much improved on the 2nd pattern badges. All of the catches that I have inspected were different on 1st pattern badges which leads me to believe that those with original catches are very few.

The Coburg plate is very rare and they were given to those who attended the 1937 15th anniversary of the march on Coburg.

I like the gold Coburg ring that is currently in Ratisbon's auction sale Lot 15-007 . I can't say that I've seen another like it before.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The ring most likely was a one of a kind custom made by an awardee of the badge.
    Last edited by Erich S; 04-25-2016 at 01:53 AM.

This window although not in my collection, was given as a wedding gift to those who were awarded the CB. It's said there were about 40 given out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where were you in '22? (1922)  

From the description of the lot it is included with-2 Gold Party badges(both #425) and some ribbon bars, it is said to come from the family of Hermann Edler from Munich-a Coburg Badge recipient. The opening bid is quite high,however.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Very interesting thread...Thank You!

"So much to learn...so little time"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5