Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Who has a reliable and fair online stores for WW2 German items?

Article about: What are some good online shops for buying war collectibles from WW2?

Try also Miliaria Plaza and Weitze.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who has a reliable and fair online stores for WW2 German items?
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The Ruptured Duck and The Collectors Guild are both reliable sources. You will not find any bargains. However, you can be assured that what they have is period original.
    I agree. I rely on these sites.

Hannah's Reich is also good.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Over here in Europe I would recommend Hannah's Reich, Hiscoll Military antiques and Jamie Cross, over in the states I have only dealt with Bruce Hermann at Grenadier Military antiques and he was superb also. All these sellers provide a great service and are in my opinion 99% correct in their evaluation of original items. That said, always do your homework as it is your money you are spending!! Leon.

?

The only dealer whom I've never seen selling a fake is Lakeside Trader. That doesn't mean that the other dealers purposefully sell fakes, but I believe that Paul at Lakeside goes the extra mile to ensure that what he's selling is good. Nonetheless, I would suggest vetting any potential purchases here first if you aren't sure, because like I said, every other major dealer who I surveyed has offered fakes within the last year or so.

Quote by Erno View Post
    The only dealer whom I've never seen selling a fake is Lakeside Trader. That doesn't mean that the other dealers purposefully sell fakes, but I believe that Paul at Lakeside goes the extra mile to ensure that what he's selling is good. Nonetheless, I would suggest vetting any potential purchases here first if you aren't sure, because like I said, every other major dealer who I surveyed has offered fakes within the last year or so.
    Though he does appear like all dealers to get it wrong. In this case he has done the right thing.

My Luftwaffe Side Cap for review

The bigger dealers should all have a money back guarantee and though you tend to pay a bit more for items from them, this is offset by the peace of mind this gives.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Though he does appear like all dealers to get it wrong. In this case he has done the right thing.

My Luftwaffe Side Cap for review

The bigger dealers should all have a money back guarantee and though you tend to pay a bit more for items from them, this is offset by the peace of mind this gives.
    I think that most or all of the dealers listed in this thread are reliable, so they will most likely offer a refund if they unknowingly sold something bad. That's very important when considering who is and who isn't 'reliable,' in my opinion. It's not about being perfect, but about being honest and resolving the problem when mistakes are made.

Quote by Erno View Post
    I think that most or all of the dealers listed in this thread are reliable, so they will most likely offer a refund if they unknowingly sold something bad. That's very important when considering who is and who isn't 'reliable,' in my opinion. It's not about being perfect, but about being honest and resolving the problem when mistakes are made.
    Indeed, no one can be 100% correct in the wide range of items they might have for sale, but as long as they offer a refund and are honest, then I would recommend them. The big name dealers listed here would as you say almost certainly offer a refund and that is worth the higher prices they probably charge.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Trust no dealer or seller to authenticate items for you. Many of the names mentioned in this thread have sold or currently have reproduction items listed for sale. Trust no seller exclusively, become your own expert in your area of interest. Never blindly buy on a sellers reputation or name IMO.

try......... AC Militaria it's always worth a look !

I have to declare at this point that it's my site.....................but I operate on a strictly for profit basis to fund my own habit of collecting !

If this shameless plug goes against the rules please remove.

cheers

Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast