Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )

Article about: Hi all, Just picked up this WHW sammeldose in well worn condition but with the original paper label!!! Its also an unusual ( to me ) bottom opening style that is not normally seen - when the

Default WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )

Hi all,
    Just picked up this WHW sammeldose in well worn condition but with the original paper label!!! Its also an unusual ( to me ) bottom opening style that is not normally seen - when they DO turn up.

As WHW Chrys says, "original labels are almost non-existent" I thought this may be a copy too but the rust bleed through and a telltale missing bit that shows clean unfaded paint ( in the 1st photo ) sealed it for me. Also the label on the bottom ( help me here Chrys! ) is a neat thing.

Yes, it's not pretty and pristine but it's honest and 'it'll do me' .....
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )   WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )  

WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )   WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )  

WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )   WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )
    P
    Many

Looks like a nice honest piece.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It looks OK to me Dan! I have a few cans that have that same type of closure on the bottom. Usually you find this on a can that was made to be mounted on a wall...made emptying it a lot easier!

Congrats!

Chrys

like it.

Very cool, Dan...especially with the paper...I really should add one of these to my collection as well, as prices are still fairly reasonable...
    Congratulations and thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Very cool, Dan...especially with the paper...I really should add one of these to my collection as well, as prices are still fairly reasonable...
    Congratulations and thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn
    Hey Glenn, I'm looking at one of these currently, except it has a DJ label on it. What would be considered a reasonable price on these cans in the current market? The seller threw out the old make "me an offer" routine. Thanks.

Todd

I usually see the red donation-cans being offered between 65-85 Euros online, but the Paper-Label would likely jack it up to $100 in my opinion, depending on the overall condition and appearance that is...
    I'd have to see the item you're describing in order to be of more help to you, Todd...A photo of the Label would be necessary...
    cheers, Glenn

We have been selling complete cans with labels for well over $300.00 for a few years. It really depends on the overall condition like Glenn says. As for the $100.00 number...I can't even get cans with labels for near that from my various sources anymore...if you can snag it for that you are getting a steal.

Chrys

Here it is.

WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )

That's for the DJH...Deutsche Jugend-Herberge (Herbergswerk)/German Youth Hostels, not DJ/Jungvolk...Still has the seal as well, very nice!
    I wouldn't be surprised to see this one sell for around $200, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast