Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )

Article about: Hi all, Just picked up this WHW sammeldose in well worn condition but with the original paper label!!! Its also an unusual ( to me ) bottom opening style that is not normally seen - when the

Thanks everyone. And thanks for the knowledge Glenn. I guess I never really put it together that those were two separate organizations. I just display all the youth stuff I have all as one group.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )
    P
    Many

I have handled hundreds of these and never once have I come across an eagle and swastika stamp on the lead seal...not once. I have had original DJH seals and they have all had the DJH triangle logo on them. I may have one around here somewhere...

I'm not saying its not good...just want to share my observations is all.

It's all Jugend-Related, Todd...Wishing you continued good fortune in your collecting endeavor!
    WHW knows more about these things than I do, especially the issue with the Seal...
    cheers, Glenn

OK...I found a few DJH seals in my stuff. This is what I have observed on every DJH attributed can I have handled over the years.

WHW Sammeldose ( donation can )

I assume that almost all TR items have been faked at one time or another. How common are donation can fakes? The DJH seals certainly look much cleaner than the one on the can in question

There were a rash of reproduction cans being sold at the War & Peace show this past year I believe. They were the cylindrical type like the one you show. The medal bar running the top of the can I have seen on older cans though...so that is why I am not comfortable saying this is a made up can. The seal though concerns me...

This would be one that I would want to have in hand...but I realize that probably isn't an option.

As for the label...they have been making reproduction labels for decades. Can't tell on this one as the photos are not detailed enough to say 100%.

These are just my opinions of course....so take them how you will.

Chrys

I'm going to defer to your concerns on this one. Also, the seller just told me he wants 300 GBP for it, which I'm not willing to drop on a donation can. I'll just save my money to buy more tinnies from you.

Probably a good idea...that's an awfully high price, sheesh...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by ToddMalnar View Post
    Also, the seller just told me he wants 300 GBP for it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2