Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WHW Standard pins

Article about: Heres a small selection of WHW standards of various wehrmacht units - these are very colorful and make great items as fillers in a collection. Horst

?

Default WHW Standard pins

Heres a small selection of WHW standards of various wehrmacht units - these are very colorful and make great items as fillers in a collection.

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WHW Standard pins  
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WHW Standard pins
    P
    Many

Default Re: WHW Standards

Hi Horst, I always remember a friend of mine had one of these and he could not believe it was original as it was plastic!

Here are some more on a display card, sadly not mine, photographed by myself in a museum in Austria in 2008.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WHW Standard pins  

Great standards Horst, you have quality stuff as usual. Thanks for sharing. The colors are holding up nicely. I have never seen the three green ones across the top with the swastika. Ade, I was like your friend, I just couldn't believe they were TR era. I thought, plastic, there's no way. There is a large auction site selling hundreds of these repros right now. I'm sure that comes as a suprise to no one. That's one heck of a display you found there in Austria.

Jay

?

Thanks fellas - This area WHW is still a relative inexpensive area of collecting when noteing other areas i.e. daggers,uniforms etc - in addition, its very colorful and various motives. Its hard to believe that these are already being copied but I guess anything goes.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Hi Horst, these were donation badges from the 1KWHW-RSS Tag der Wehrmacht, and were distributed on the 16/17.3.40 by the NSKOV, DRK, NSRKB and the RTB. The collection was called Fahnen und Standarten der Wehrmacht (Flags and standards of the armed forces), and there were 20 in the collection. The top three are Regiment General Göring (T284), then Pionere (T286), Nachrichtentruppe (284), Pionere mot. (T287), Flak-Artillerie (T275), Jäger (T279), Artillerie (T272), then another Flak-Artillerie, which is weird, as they are both supposed to be the same colour, but I do have the odd example with incorrect colours, but the Flak-Artillerie standarde was the only one of the twenty to have the Iron Cross in the centre, then Trageflagge (T291) and Kriegsmarine/Marineteile an Land (T282).

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Horst, I always remember a friend of mine had one of these and he could not believe it was original as it was plastic!
    Hi Adrian, WHW/KWHW items were made of a variety of materials, ranging from zinc, brass, tin, wood, glass, porcelain, cardboard, light alloy and paper. I'm sure I've missed one or two

Default Re: WHW Standard pins

Hi Troy, welcome to the forum, by the way! I see you are making the most of the old WHW threads. Thanks for posting some detailed info on these.

I think one of the great attractions of WHW material is indeed the wide variety of materials used in their construction. While today we might think of plastic as being cheap and nasty, in the 1930's it was considered fashionable and very modern.

Cheers, Ade.

No worries Ade, my pleasure mate! I also forgot ceramics The main attraction with tinnies and WHW items for me is the GINORMOUS variety, with Reinhard Tieste identifying over 12,500 tinnies, and I'd guess close to five figures with WHW related items, it means the scope for collecting them is a never ending hobby. I have asked Mr Tieste if he is going to include pre-1933 tinnies in his new volumes, due in 2014, and received an encouraging reply. I have many from pre 1914, so he could go back far enough to warrant a third volume easy...here's hoping! As I am off work at the moment, I have the time to trawl old threads and add anything I can. I have all 10 of the Tieste books, they come in handy, and were money well spent, although my children don't think so

Hi Troy, money on books is always well spent!

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ade.

I know that. You know that. My teenage daughters just don't get it