Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 ... LastLast

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.

Article about: Love the Shoulder boards Chrys.When ever they pop up they always sell for a packet hey.Remaining vigilant though. Nice items mate and as always thanks for posting. Cheers Dave

Default Re: WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.

Love the Shoulder boards Chrys.When ever they pop up they always sell for a packet hey.Remaining vigilant though.
    Nice items mate and as always thanks for posting.
    Cheers
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.
    P
    Many

Here is another recent pick up...a photo of a young boy dressed up as a police officer during a 'Tag der Polizei' event. If you look close enough you will see pieces of the 'Traffic Signs' series on almost all of the peoples coats/uniforms. This series was sold on the 15th & 16th of February 1941 during the 'Tag der Polizei' event.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.  

Great pic Chrys!
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section, but I cannot ID this pin/ribbon. Any ideas gents?

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.   WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.  

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.  

Carl,

Your piece is simply cataloged as a 'Seidenbändchen' or 'silk ribbon' and was sold in Gau 5 Düsseldorf during the month of February 1934.

All the best,
    Chrys

?

Quote by winterhilfswerk Book View Post
    Carl,

Your piece is simply cataloged as a 'Seidenbändchen' or 'silk ribbon' and was sold in Gau 5 Düsseldorf during the month of February 1934.

All the best,
    Chrys
    Thanks Chrys, appreciate the information.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Excellent reference thread, well done!

You are welcome Carl!

Everyone here has contributed to building this great little thread. It is only going to get bigger and better over time!

Chrys

Hey guys!

OK...I received something today that I am just so giddy about...I am just busting at the seems! I took a quick photo with my iPhone and decided to toss it up here to share.

This badge comes all the way from the country of Brazil...yes...THAT Brazil! It was sold during a charity drive in 1935/36 in the country of Brazil by the Winterhilfswerk organization! These drives raised money to send back to Germany. They were also held in a few other countries including the USA, Japan, Chile & Argentina.

In Brazil, the newspaper Deutscher Morgen was the local newspaper that helped spread the NSDAP's messages/propaganda to ethnic Germans as well as NSDAP supporters living in Brazil. The paper also helped by publishing advertisements and announcements about upcoming and future Winterhilfswerk charity drives. The Deutscher Morgen operated in Brazil from 1932 until the end of 1941 when it ceased publication.

If you really stop and think about this piece...what are the odds that it would have survived the past 75 years. Once the Nazi's were outed worldwide for what they really were...you would think that any sane person living in Brazil would have stomped this thing into the ground or tossed it directly into the garbage. I just think that it is incredible that this thing survived all of these years...and has now found its place in my collection!

It is nearly impossible to find any real information on this badge...I have been trying for days and am finding really nothing other that the information about the newspaper. Using all of my collecting 'knowledge' that I have amassed I am going to go out on a limb and say that this is now the rarest WHW related piece in my collection. I feel very lucky and fortunate that this piece found me!

Hope someone else finds it as cool as I do!

All the best,
    Chrys
    Attached Images Attached Images WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start. 

Congrats Chrys a fabulous item mate.Well done
    The USA sold pieces would be an amazing find for the reasons you give.Maybe somewhere in the Mid Western USA there's one awaiting liberation.
    Amazing find and congrat's again Chrys.
    A super rare piece of history there.
    Cheers mate and all the best
    Dave

Very dang cool Chrys, congrats my friend.
    I still need that Baker Bro. Let me know when you find one please.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 ... LastLast