Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 ... LastLast

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.

Article about: Love the Shoulder boards Chrys.When ever they pop up they always sell for a packet hey.Remaining vigilant though. Nice items mate and as always thanks for posting. Cheers Dave

Default Re: WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.

You have a nice collection, keep those photos coming.

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.
    P
    Many

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.The box isn't original to the WHW pieces, it's just how it was sent to me from Germany.

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.Two pretty scarce KWHW pins, one w/flak cannon and the other Kreigsmarine with the Graf Zeppelin which was the only aircraft carrier built by Germany during WW2, and which was named after Count Von Zeppelin who was a pioneer in lighter than air flight. The other two are WHW coins, the copper being rarer than the smaller zinc one. Both are from Gau Wein which is Vienna.

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start. Here's a nice original photo of German citizens checking out ship models. I am guessing it was the "Day of the Kreigsmarine", notice the naval Hitler youth in the right side of the photo with his donation can. You see lots of photos of regular Hitler Youth with donation cans but this the only one I have seen with a Hitler Youth naval cadet.

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start. Kind of on a Navy roll here. This isn't WHW but I hope you don't mind.Here's a nice original photo I have of the German WW2 aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin.

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start. Here are some of the reference books I have which are crucial to collecting. Tieste is "the man" when it comes to reference books on WHW. He has some updated versions of the books I have posted and besides the WHW books I believe he may have published a book on tinnies recently. I don't know if it is specifically WHW, it may cover all German tinnies. The books in another photo are put out by Foxhole press and cover German tinnies. They are only so so as a reference, They are listed haphazardly and it's difficult to find what you are looking for. I would personally check out whether or not Tieste has published a recent book on tinnies before I bought a Foxhole press book. Find out what is common and what is not. Don't overpay, which I did some of when I started! Tieste has a site online to purchase his books, he's located in Germany but his staff will understand messages you send in English. One other thing, as you go along you will find pieces that aren't listed in any book and you have to track down their history to find out where they came from. By doing that I have discovered a lot more about WW2 and about the German people. Hope this helps someone and happy hunting!

The Tieste books are the 5 in the top photo and the 1 book in the second photo. The top photo shows one book to the right which covers the reichsammelung. These are the national WHW pieces that were given out throughout WW2 Germany. The remaining 4 books cover the "Gaus" or regions of Germany which produced their own WHW pieces during WW2. There were 40 Gaus in Germany so you can imagine the amount and variety of pieces produced between 1933-1945! Those 4 books cover the Gaus and each lists approx. ten of them. Hope you don't mind me passing this info along, I in no way am an authority on WHW but hopefully this will make collecting a little easier for some of the newer collectors.

Quote by John Gowen View Post
    Tieste is "the man" when it comes to reference books on WHW.
    Call be biased...but I like the direction we are taking! Our book(s) are in 100% color and English to boot!

Tieste definitely has done a fantastic job with his works...especially with his tinnie book. It features around 16,000 different tinnies in it (his latest volume). I have his publications as well...they are much needed, but they are lacking quality in my opinion. Some of his photos are so grainy and out of focus you can not even read them. That is why Joe Cassidy and myself started doing books on the subject...everything is in color and the photos are usually larger than 'life'.

We are getting ready to release our latest work on October 1st. The book will feature over 310+ pages & over 1,200 color photos covering everything from the tinnies of the DRK to the Tag der Wehrmacht events (something Tieste has yet to do). The Tag der Wehrmacht section alone features nearly 500+ pieces...many have never been cataloged before.

Not saying that Tieste is not 'The Man'...just saying that there are now other options out there on the market place!

All the best,
    Chrys Alexander

- - Updated - -

Hey John,

You actually have 47 'Gau's' technically...don't forget about the following:

41 WHW Gau Wien
    42 WHW Gau Württemberg - Hohenzollern
    44 WHW Generalgouvernement
    45 WHW Reichskommisariat Niederlande
    46 WHW Slowakei
    47 WHW Belgien

Hey guys,

We will actually be featuring a ship model from one of these events in our new book! I can not share photos of it yet but it is a wonderful battle ship model that was made by the HJ just for one of these events. It's pretty cool...can't wait for everyone to see it!

Chrys

Quote by John Gowen View Post
    WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start. Here's a nice original photo of German citizens checking out ship models. I am guessing it was the "Day of the Kreigsmarine", notice the naval Hitler youth in the right side of the photo with his donation can. You see lots of photos of regular Hitler Youth with donation cans but this the only one I have seen with a Hitler Youth naval cadet.

Chrys, as you know I have your book and the color pictures are great. If your next book covers the KWHW I will pick it up. Tieste doesn't cover that in his references. Any discount for repeat buyers? Also have you seen the flak gun pin or the Graf Zeppelin pin before? Any idea as to the value of my 5 Schilling Gau Wein WHW coin? Thanks for your time!

Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 ... LastLast