Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WHW Türkplaketten

Article about: One area of WHW donation items that is often overlooked are the Türplaketten (door plaques). These were paper items, usually around 75-100mm in size, round or rectangular in shape, that you

Default WHW Türkplaketten

One area of WHW donation items that is often overlooked are the Türplaketten (door plaques). These were paper items, usually around 75-100mm in size, round or rectangular in shape, that you could tack onto your door to show that you had patriotically donated to the current winter charity drive. Hopefully this would stop a knock on your door with someone shaking the collection tin under your nose Here are some of mine, I will add more as I get time. Some had a stamp on the rear, others did not. I do not know the function of the stamps. I am listing the Tieste numbers with them, when there is a fraction number at the end of the main number, that indicates which of the different varieties of that particular Türplaketten it is. Reasons for differnt sub-types can be size, shape, signed or unsigned, etc. Often there was more than 10 sub-types of each offering, (makes collecting the entire range rather expensive). The official title for these charity drives was Winterhilfswerk des Deutschen Volkes 19?/?, but I will just abbreviate it to WHW.

1. WHW 1933/34 - Januar 1934, T604.02. This indicates the fourth Türplakette distributed by the WHW, and the second sub-variant of the fourth Türplakette. This one is made of paper, and is 80mm across.

WHW Türkplaketten

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WHW Türkplaketten
    P
    Many

Default Re: WHW Türkplaketten

1. WHW1933/34, Dezember 1933, T603.02. Paper, 80mm.

WHW Türkplaketten

1. WHW 1933/34, Februar 1934, T605.04. Paper, 100mm.

WHW Türkplaketten

1. WHW 1933/34 März 1934, T606.02. Paper, 80mm, 20 sub-types, 15-100 euros book value.

WHW Türkplaketten

WHW Türkplaketten

WHW Türkplaketten
    Last edited by Troy Tempest; 02-01-2012 at 12:50 AM.

?

Very nice items. I have never heard of these before.

There were 42 RSS (national) Türplaketten plus sub-variants released up to 1940. There was also at least as many or more Gau (regional) examples released.

Those bright colors are incredible Troy, thanks for showing. Great info on them too!

Jay

Now we are moving into my examples of the 2nd national winter charity drive Türplaketten to be distributed. As with the 1. WHW 1933/34 range, there was a lot of sub-types, 14 listed by Tieste for this offering. There was 20 or 21 sub-variants listed for all the 1933/34 range, often ranging upwards and exceeding 80 euros book value. Even if you could get them all for half the book valuations, which you often can for the cheaper sub-types, though I doubt that would be possible for all of the more expensive, and presumably rarer variants, it would cost you hundreds of euros to collect each different month of the first winter charity drive I should have done this from the start, but I will also include the amount of listed sub-types and book value range for each month from now on. Again, this one is stamped on the back, and I don't know why some were and others weren't.

2. WHW 1934/35, Januar 1935, T610.02. Paper, 10mm. 14 sub-types, 14-100 euros book value.

WHW Türkplaketten

WHW Türkplaketten

WHW Türkplaketten

Mr. Tieste's prices in his guides are pretty high for these pieces. You can pick them up for about 1/3 to 1/4th of what he has them listed for. (I have one for sale at our site right now for $12.00)

That being said...they are fun to collect!

Once you have put up what you have I may share some of my Gau plaques.

Good to see that you are doing OK Troy!

Chrys Alexander
    Winterhilfswerk.com | German Winter Relief Organization