Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WHW (Winter Relief Fund) items.

Article about: Guys, thought you'd like to have a look. Hal PS; The tinnies were pinned to the armband.

Hal
    ?

Default WHW (Winter Relief Fund) items.

Guys, thought you'd like to have a look. Hal PS; The tinnies were pinned to the armband.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WHW  (Winter Relief Fund) items.   WHW  (Winter Relief Fund) items.  

WHW  (Winter Relief Fund) items.   WHW  (Winter Relief Fund) items.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WHW  (Winter Relief Fund) items.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WHW (Winter Relief Fund) items.

hi, yes these are winter relief tinnies. They are pretty common and cheap but the lot as displayed is really amazing, especially the postcards. Congratulations

Very nice! I recognise a couple of those in my collection

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Hal, I don't think the paper items are postcards, they are Türplaketten, (door plaques), and these larger square ones aren't cheap! If you can give me the measurements of the three, I can ID them, and give you a book value, although these are only a guide.

Hal
    ?

Quote by panzermeister View Post
    Hi Hal, I don't think the paper items are postcards, they are Türplaketten, (door plaques), and these larger square ones aren't cheap! If you can give me the measurements of the three, I can ID them, and give you a book value, although these are only a guide.
    Hi Troy, The door plaques measure 4" X 4". Thanks, Hal

Ok, the one marked Wir Helfen Gegen Hunger Kalte (We help against hunger and cold), was distributed in November 1933. T602.11, 100mm x 100mm has a book price of 45EU, and T602.12, 110mm x 100mm is 50EU. Bear in mind this is a guide, and assumes mint condition, but still, that's $64.50US - $71.65US. I have bought türplaketten for both more and less (generally less) than the Tieste guide price, but the larger ones that you have don't come up for sale on the net anywhere near as often than the smaller, more plentiful versions.

For the one marked Für Das Tägliche Brot Wir Opfern (For the everyday bread We give to victims), bearing in mind by victims, the Nazi's meant victims of cold and hunger, not victims as we would use the term. This was distributed in February 1934, and T605.12, 100mm x 100mm has a book price of 30EU, but T605.13, 105mm x 105mm runs 50EU, so I hope yours is the one that is 5mm longer!

The last one, marked Sichert den Sieg über Hunger und Kälte Wir Helfen! (Protects the victory over hunger and cold We Help!) was distributed in März 1934. T606.12, in mint condition, runs a guide value of 30EU, whereas the round version, 100mm across, runs for 15EU, so the square ones are much more valuable