Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Why the difference in eagles?

Article about: Just to clarify, I have seen the first in post15 named as being RS-RKB. Is that the same as the Soldatenbund? Tom

Default Re: Why the difference in eagles?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Can either of you recommend a book pertaining to this subject, which covers all the different organisations?
    Sorry, none that I can think of right now. All data I have on these organizations is scattered through a number of standard references, supplemented by various websites.
    For example, some information on their uniforms and insignia can be found in Brian L. Davis' books "Badges and Insignia of the Third Reich 1933-1945" and "German Uniforms of the Third Reich Period 1933-1945", in Vol. 2 of "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" by Wilhelm P.B.R. Saris & Jill Halcomb Smith and in Vol. 6 of "Deutsche Uniformabzeichen 1900-1945" from Patzwall-Verlag.
    However, all of those works only cover certain aspects and none of them deals exclusively with these veteran-related organizations, covering them only as a partial subject along with data on many other organizations.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why the difference in eagles?
    P
    Many

Thanks again. Pity it isn't all consolidated into one publication, but will definitely look into the titles you mentioned.
    Tom

Or you have to wait some more month. Hopefully my book will be printed beginning of December. Its about the Deutsche Reichskriegerbund Kyffhäuser, starting with the history of german veteran organisations up to end 1943. It covers the history, organisation, uniforms and badges. Thats the one you are looking for.

Quote by debbi082009 View Post
    Or you have to wait some more month. Hopefully my book will be printed beginning of December. Its about the Deutsche Reichskriegerbund Kyffhäuser, starting with the history of german veteran organisations up to end 1943. It covers the history, organisation, uniforms and badges. Thats the one you are looking for.
    Now that sounds promising indeed! Please let us know when it is available.

Roll on December!! Any idea on price?
    Tom

As they told me it will be around 30 EUR

Anymore info on this Deutsche Reichs Krieger Book ? I have to finally orginize the Vet Eagle I acumilated over time . Anyone know what info it has on the maker marks and numbers that were used ?

Douglas

Yes, any news on the book? Very interested.
    Tom

Any other members here that collect Vet Eagle pins ? Trying to fill in missing numbers/makers .

Douglas
    Last edited by Douglas 5; 01-23-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Addition

A few more eagles flew home to roost......Navy...is gold with anchor
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Why the difference in eagles?   Why the difference in eagles?  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast