Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Womans RAD Unit Badge - Any information Please

Article about: Picked up a couple of weeks ago at a collectors meeting. This, what I was told to be a Woman's printed RAD Unit Cloth Patch, measures 8,5 cm x 9,5 cm. I've seen men's RAD units badges usuall

?

Default Womans RAD Unit Badge - Any information Please

Picked up a couple of weeks ago at a collectors meeting. This, what I was told to be a Woman's printed RAD Unit Cloth Patch, measures 8,5 cm x 9,5 cm. I've seen men's RAD units badges usually they are woven and got to wondering, why womens unit badges were printed? Does any member know anything about these badges.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Womans RAD Unit Badge - Any information Please   Womans RAD Unit Badge - Any information Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Womans RAD Unit Badge - Any information Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Womans RAD Unit Badge - Any information Please

I have never seen a RAD insignia that was printed. It also lacks the color of the woven insignia. The printing is quite poor leading me to think this is not a period piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree with Bob. Below are two sample pics of what it should look like. You can see the book these come from here:

ssb028 - ICH WAR ARBEITSMAID IM KRIEGE - female RAD Reichsarbeitsdienst during the war from 1940 with many photos

Cheers, Torsten.

Womans RAD Unit Badge - Any information PleaseWomans RAD Unit Badge - Any information Please

Maybe it is suggested to be the white insignia for the sports-dress,
    but this should be an oval with the symbol (2 crossed wheats with swastika).
    These were not printed, but woven in BEVO-style with the size
    7.8 cm wide and 9.4 cm in height. The black oval is 6.7 cm wide and 8.3 cm high.

The information is taken from RAD. Dv.5, "Bekleidungsvorschrift für den RAD für
    die weibliche Jugend" (VW. 2I - 7402 - 2215/39), dated April 27, 1939. Page.96

Here is one from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Womans RAD Unit Badge - Any information Please   Womans RAD Unit Badge - Any information Please  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks everyone for the posts and pictures, the patch does give cause for concern. I did run a uv light over it without it glowing. I had thought it may have belonged to a sports vest, work overalls, not to the uniforms proper but to ancillary clothing that they wore, reading Wilhelms post, it does'nt qualify for a sports vest. It does'nt look good, I'll look a bit further, I have till the end of the month, I can return it at the next meeting, but I need to be sure. Thanks for the help.
    Best Wishes

I would definitely give it back if I were you. Cheers, Torsten.