Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbahn Buckle

Article about: Gentleman, For awhile I looked to pick up buckles of non-military organizations like the railroad. I got this one at a small collector's show at the kaserne East of Frankfurt A.M. They had a

Default Reichsbahn Buckle

Gentleman,

For awhile I looked to pick up buckles of non-military organizations like the railroad. I got this one at a small collector's show at the kaserne East of Frankfurt A.M. They had a small show one Sunday a month. Lots of interesting items and at a great price.

Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Buckle   Reichsbahn Buckle  

Last edited by Mess Truck; 10-23-2009 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Misspelled

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichsbahn Buckle

Glenn, that is a very nice, early and rare buckle
    Ben

Rare INDEED!!! I'd love to add one like that to my collection!! Don't have one yet....Great buckle that is in great condition too! I love it!

Rob

Guys,
    I used to see all kinds of rare items going for a great price. The mark was worth a little over 3 DM to a dollar at its peak when I was last stationed there. As a collector I tried to get everything I could without going overboard (stilll had a family to support on a GI's pay), yet knowing I would never get another opportunity like that again. I saw the very early SA buckles that were just a large swastika, one with a V2 rocket on it, different variations of the same NSBO buckles, every variation of WWI buckle you can imagine, etc. They would be on a table or in a box to dig through along wtih lots of other items. But I tried to limit myself to a 50DM or so of purchases each time I went. I opted to pick up the 10DM buckles to have more buckles (like the Reichsbahn buckle). I found I got much better deals at the flea markets than going to the various stores that sold the items when you could find them as the German laws prevented the open display of swastikas and shopkeepers didn't like to talk about having the items to strangers.
    I have some more oddballs ones I'll dig out. It is good to go through the box now and then to see what is in there.
    Glenn

Glenn, thank you very much for showing such a rare bird ! I recently purchased a mint Reichsbahn buckle...for big bucks, because I never ever had the chance to get one earlier and I am picking up buckles since the eighties.
    I like my mint one alot ...but to see it in a used condition, like yours - is fantastic !

Yes, the eighties were great, getting buckle for 10 to 30 DM

cheers
    Thomas

More photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Buckle   Reichsbahn Buckle  

Reichsbahn Buckle   Reichsbahn Buckle  

Reichsbahn Buckle  

Sorry seem to have lost the text to my original post. I just joined this forum thanks to David North so please bear with me. The photos shown are mine and the art deco nickel silver I just aquired,. a very reare buckle. I am still looking for the Reichsbahn shown on P 227 # 427 in Catella's book.

Bill

Welcome to the forum Bill and which I hope you will find is quite like the proverbial "breath of fresh air".

Great buckles one and all, however no longer within my collecting area.

Bill - item number 427 on page 229 (not page 227) of Catella's "Gott Mit Uns" ? The elusive and super rare first pattern Bahnschutz leaders buckle/brocade ?

Regards,

David

Bill,

Great buckles! How long have you been collecting them?

Glenn

Glen,

Collecting buckles for over 20 yrs. TR and Imperial period initially and the last ten years Weimar period. I sold off my TR collection about 8 years ago and have been slowly disposing of my imperial buckles.

Bill