Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles

Article about: Rob Great buckle. In theory it could be UE 82 for Steinhauer und Lück, Lüdenscheid, although I am certain that yours is the same as Guido's - UE 8 for F W Assmann und Söhne. Regards, David

Stu W
    ?

Default Re: D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles

close view of mm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  

2. # ADS

Emmanuel

A super grouping of buckles and I particularly like your horizontal wing and crank catch example by Assmann. A favourite design of mine and of course, the ones that we have both have shown are the same, other than one very interesting feature. Yours of course has the leather tongue and which tells us so much to include the maker, the date of manufacture and who actually issued and wore this buckle. A great example.

Stu

Thankyou for posting your buckle and yet again, a great example that provides us with some very important information. Here we have a buckle which I suppose in theory by the end user, should not have been under the control of the RZM. Having said that, a clear RZM logo and a first series RZM manufacturers code number, with the "belt and braces" approach of a makers logo also. The number 78 correlating of course with RZM M1/78 - Paulmann und Crone of Lüdenscheid.

This horizontal/drop wing significance debate has been rattling on for years and I totally agree with what you say. Despite what some of the reference books state, I think the wing style is purely artistic licence and has no other relevance.

By the way, here is another buckle which I think is a fake, although I have never actually examined one in detail. It would appear to be cast and is very often is advertised as "Diplomatic" rather than DLV.

Regards,

David

Here is my RLB buckle (2nd pattern). The marking looks to be "RS&S" I believe. It is hard to make out the last letter.

Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles   D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  

D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  

Glenn

A super SHD buckle in painted steel (rather than "Luftschutz proper" and despite what the blazingly obvious emblem description shouts out) and many thanks for showing it.

Have a look at this thread:-

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...tschutz-12538/

An unusual catch arrangement on yours though !

Regards,

David

David,

Thanks for the lead to the thread. It is nice to be able to compare mine with those, including one with the markings clearer.

Glenn

?

My congratulations to all these nice buckles in this thread!

I will add a single buckle wich came recently to my collection. It is marked RZM UE8 and to be honest, I am a little bit confused about that!

We know the well known RZM 78 marking on these pieces, but I thought always this must be a factory error by Paulmann u. Crone as well as the same marking we can observe on Reichsheer buckles. Further we know the RZM UE117 marking as shown by David in this thread and now a third one.

Is there perhaps a party relation to these buckles even though we thought always that this is impossible?

Best regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles   D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  

Guido, super buckle my friend, any chance of closer pics of the markings?
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Guido, super buckle my friend, any chance of closer pics of the markings?
    Thanks, Ben!

Here is another image of the marking.

Regards,
    Guido
    Attached Images Attached Images D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles 

Guido

A really splendid "DLV" by Assmann and not only by the overall condition. In my opinion, a UE 8 mark is very rare.

My apologies, however I am not sure what you mean by "...is there perhaps a party relation to these buckles...".

Regards,

David

p.s.

I have attached an image of a HJ displaying a UE 8 mark and here, there is absolutely no question as to who UE 8 was !

Great buckles guys! I have a couple DLV buckles but only one that is marked....I would like your take on this one, please. The UE is clearly marked but the number beside is not well stamped......UE82 or UE8?
    Thoughts? Thanks!
    Rob

Attached Images Attached Images D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles 

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast