Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles

Article about: Rob Great buckle. In theory it could be UE 82 for Steinhauer und Lück, Lüdenscheid, although I am certain that yours is the same as Guido's - UE 8 for F W Assmann und Söhne. Regards, David

Default Re: D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles

Rob

Great buckle.

In theory it could be UE 82 for Steinhauer und Lück, Lüdenscheid, although I am certain that yours is the same as Guido's - UE 8 for F W Assmann und Söhne.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles
    P
    Many

Thank you David! I appreciate you taking some time to help me out with that one. Here is my second example, displaying what I think is a Paul Crone mark...but very hard to see as it's been scratched up by the belt hook.
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles 

Not sure Rob and perhaps you have here an unmarked P u C "type".

Have a look at this photo-merge.

What do you think ? Where are the remains of the RZM logo ?

Regards,

David

Hi David. I'll have to give it another good look....but I don't recall seeing the RZM markings. I think I can barely make out the PC logo on the buckle though....as shown in the pics. Could it be that it was manufactured pre-rzm?
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

Rob, great to see that you own the same UE8 marked DLV buckle.

David, many thanks for your kind words. Yes indeed, UE8 is for sure F.W. Assmann and many construction features of the DLV buckle lead me to think so.

Sorry for the misleadingly formulation of my question. Here is another try:
    Were DLV uniforms and DLV equipment (like buckles) also under the control of the RZM (at least occasionally)? Or can we assume that all of these RZM markings on DLV buckles are mistakes by the makers?

Regards,
    Guido

Guido

In isolation, the somewhat enigmatic marks of UE 8 and RZM 17 are those toward which I like. Great stampings to indicate and show our old and good friend of Fritz Assmann. I have recently secured a nickle on brass SA with a UE 8 stamp on the inner wing of the buckle and I will post this separately when time permits.

I know that the DLV was very much a party organisation, however whether any uniform and equipment was under the control of the RZM is most questionable.

Perhaps an over and protective reaction by the buckle manufacturers. If in doubt - do it ! What harm can be done ?

Regards,

David

?

Hi
    hope it's ok to drop in on this thread with a couple of pics of a buckle, with the hopes that someone can confirm a. if it's genuine, b. what it is. I was on the site earlier this week with a bad ss buckle and wondered if I had made the same mistake again. Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles   D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  

Ralph, a poor fake IMO Just to add, compare it to the rest of the thread, it should speak for itself really
    Ben

Ralph

Please feel free to "drop in" anytime, although as Ben has already confirmed, we have a die stamped fake here.

I actually cannot recall any DLV buckle which does not have a pebbled finish obverse. How strange !

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post

I actually cannot recall any DLV buckle which does not have a pebbled finish obverse.

Regards,

David
    I was thinking that earlier David, I have never seen one of these without a pebbled front!
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 01-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast