Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I have this DLV buckle on hold at the moment is she a good one?.

Article about: by Gunny Hartmann Very nice and here's mine!... Attachment 682437 Paul, your buckle is a RLB buckle (Reichsluftschutzbund) note the slanting wings, the first buckle is a DLV buckle (Deutsche

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Very nice and here's mine!...
    Attachment 682437
    Paul, your buckle is a RLB buckle (Reichsluftschutzbund) note the slanting wings, the first buckle is a DLV buckle (Deutscher Luftsportverband) note the straight wings
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I have this DLV buckle on hold at the moment is she a good one?.
    P
    Many

For comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I have this DLV buckle on hold at the moment is she a good one?.  
    Ben

?

Something new i've learned Ben. Superb.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Paul, your buckle is a RLB buckle (Reichsluftschutzbund) note the slanting wings, the first buckle is a DLV buckle (Deutscher Luftsportverband) note the straight wings
    Cheers Ben!....
    I'm going to have to get my bloody eyes tested!....

?

These have been miss ID for years. The Assmann sales catalog has the photos reversed, so they show the DLV as having the slanted wings and RLB as having the straight wings.

Thats strange Kirby, just checked the catalogue out of interest and the DLV is branded as a RLB! I have always known it as DLV straight wings and RLB slant wings. Just looked at the Angolia and Nash book, Angolia straight wings DLV, Nash book straight wing is RLB but then later classes as RLB/DLV! Time to ask Mr Saris what the regs state me thinks
    Ben

?

That is what I mean. DLV is straight winged and RLB is downturned. If I am not mistakes the Assmann catalog has them reversed and that has caused confusion with collectors and the authors of the reference books. I have to look at my Assmann catalog.
    Last edited by kirby; 04-30-2014 at 02:37 AM.

Kirby, I have asked Wim Saris if there is anything in his archives ref this
    Ben

Gents, I have asked Wim Saris if he can have a look through the official records and see if there is anything written down ref these buckle and who started with what. It seems that both were around at the same time ish with the DLV being probably one year older than the RLB. On reflection I would say that the straight wing buckle could be more likely the DLV as most of the straight wing buckles are mostly made of nickel and tend to be the earlier made buckles where the RLB have the aluminium buckle and nickel. Another thought would be how many trainee pilots would there have been (DLV) in comparison to the Air protection league (RLB). Another way to look at things as there are lots more RLB buckle around than DLV. Just some food for thought
    Ben

I'm glad i cocked up as this is turning out to be quite intriguing!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast