Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz Buckle opinions please.

Article about: Hello Gents. I have the opportunity to purchase this scarce luftschutz buckle , apparently ground dug. Not to bad exterior - some pitting - but the reverse is very worn as can be seen , i wo

?

Default Luftschutz Buckle opinions please.

Hello Gents.

I have the opportunity to purchase this scarce luftschutz buckle , apparently ground dug. Not to bad exterior - some pitting - but the reverse is very worn as can be seen , i wondered please if it was indeed genuine and also would it clean up / could i make it look more visually appealing for my collection?. Many Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Buckle opinions please.
    P
    Many

My suggestion and I emphasise suggestion, is to completely ignore this horror of a buckle and certainly when it has a price tag of seventy odd British Pounds. As you say, a ground excavated item and where the severe pitting is physically incapable of being reversed . Do not forget also that this steel buckle once had a smooth painted finished and the obverse was never intended to display a shiny buffed effect. The SHD buckle is not rare and my advice is to wait and search for a more representative example and again, ignore the simply dreadful buckle that you have shown.

Regards and best wishes,

David

I am with David, these are not rare at all and with that being £70 in that condition I would leave it where it is to be honest!
    Ben

Hi Jimm,

I absolutely agree with David and Ben. That buckle is indeed in very bad condition and it is quite overpriced considering that awful condition, so you should really pass on this buckle.

Best regards,
    Franko

Hello,

i agree with the other gentlemen .

Should pass on this buckle .........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Yes, this buckle has no collection value