Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichs-Luftschutzbund 1st Model Buckle - Opinions?

Article about: Hi Everyone, Came across this Reichs - Luftschutz 1st Model Buckel on offer. I'm interested - never seen one before, to my untrained eye the front detail looks sharp enough. The reverse deta

?

Default Reichs-Luftschutzbund 1st Model Buckle - Opinions?

Hi Everyone,
    Came across this Reichs - Luftschutz 1st Model Buckel on offer. I'm interested - never seen one before, to my untrained eye the front detail looks sharp enough. The reverse detail however looks to me much too soft, for me to buy it. Although the seller give four weeks right of return. What are members opinions kosher or junk?
    These are the only two pictures I have.
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichs-Luftschutzbund 1st Model Buckle - Opinions?   Reichs-Luftschutzbund 1st Model Buckle - Opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichs-Luftschutzbund 1st Model Buckle - Opinions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichs-Luftschutzbund 1st Model Buckle - Opinions?

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Came across this Reichs - Luftschutz 1st Model Buckel on offer. I'm interested - never seen one before, to my untrained eye the front detail looks sharp enough. The reverse detail however looks to me much too soft, for me to buy it. Although the seller give four weeks right of return. What are members opinions kosher or junk?
    These are the only two pictures I have.
    Cheers
    Hello all,

the buckle is fine as it is.
    I like it well.

With best regards,

Raphael

I agree....has seen some use for sure - but it's 100% legit. Here's my example for the sake of reference - though the construction is somewhat different on the reverse. You have a nice buckle!
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images Reichs-Luftschutzbund 1st Model Buckle - Opinions?  Reichs-Luftschutzbund 1st Model Buckle - Opinions? 

?

Hello Rob,
    Thanks for you post & pictures. I'm still not convinced mine's kosher. Look how sharp the detail on the reverse of yours is, far crisper than mine - I don't know. Think I'll wait a while and hope one or two of the buckle heavyweights on the forum weigh in and give a opinion. But your photos are a great help.
    Cheers

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hello Rob,
    Thanks for you post & pictures. I'm still not convinced mine's kosher. Look how sharp the detail on the reverse of yours is, far crisper than mine - I don't know. Think I'll wait a while and hope one or two of the buckle heavyweights on the forum weigh in and give a opinion. But your photos are a great help.
    Cheers
    Hello All,

@lach470 and AlecH...
    ...with all love, gentlemen ...
    Man can not compare an aluminum buckle with a silver / brass version.

Both buckles are good !

With best regards

Raphael

Alec, buckle is a good one Also, both Rob and Raphael have a vast knowledge on buckles along with a fantastic collection of buckles to go with it, I have known both for quite a while BTW how are you Raphael? Nice to see you here my freund
    Ben

Default DLV/early Luftwaffe

Alec

I totally agree with what Raphael, Rob and Ben have already said. An original DLV/early Luftwaffe in die stamped aluminium, with a quite super, wide aluminium catch.

We all know the obverse design and I understand your concerns about the lack of detail to the reverse.

Remember that this buckle is die stamped/struck aluminium and prior to forming, was a blank section of aluminium sheet. The forming tool and in crude terms, comprised of a "male" and "female" part and the aluminium blank was positioned over the concave female area (which provided the fine obverse detail). The aluminium blank was forced under pressure into the concave "female" area and in order that the design could be impressed on the obverse of the aluminium blank. It was not always necessary to fully replicate the buckle design on the "male" part of the tool, as this was primarily a device to exert a controlled and precise pressure. Hence we sometimes see buckles with a non mirrored image on the reverse.

Regards,

David

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Thanks for all your posts, unfortunately by the time I got off my back-side, the buckle had gone. I should be more on the ball, the next time one comes along.
    Cheers

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    BTW how are you Raphael? Nice to see you here my freund
    Hello All,

@Ben...Unfortunately, I have thank you property, moment little time for my hobby !

Am glad am glad to be also here!

Thank you...

With the best greetings

Raphael