Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Value of DLV buckle and tab

Article about: What is the current value of a RLSB buckle and tab...THANKS DAVE H

Default Value of DLV buckle and tab

What is the current value of a RLSB buckle and tab...THANKS DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value of DLV buckle and tab   Value of DLV buckle and tab  

Value of DLV buckle and tab   Value of DLV buckle and tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of DLV buckle and tab
    P
    Many

Default re: Value of DLV buckle and tab

Straight wings, leather tab, nice condition...I think 150 Euro!
    Gruß Max

Federer, Thanks for your response.............DAVE H

Dave

A great and rare buckle and I think perhaps, a nickle silver DLV and with a very early Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe stamped associated leather tongue. The style of the buckle is normally associated with Assmann, however here we have a very rare Berkmeyer und Cie. of Mülheim (non RZM) stamping on the leather tongue.

I cannot make out the military organisational stamp marks on the leather tongue, although perhaps the Luftwaffe collectors may help.

In my opinion, worth and with all due respect, slightly more than what Max has suggested.

Regards,

David

David, Thanks for your input...on the leather tab....Roman # 1 Abt. "Abteilung" meaning department,division or unit....also LBA "Luftfahrt-Bundesamt" meaning federal aviation office OR civilian aviation authority.
    I remember you from MCF..are you still into tinneys? Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value of DLV buckle and tab   Value of DLV buckle and tab  

?

Dave, there's "Fl..." above the "I. Abt.", which is probably Flak. Also, LBA in this context is Luftwaffen-Bekleidungsamt. The Luftfahrt-Bundesamt is modern Germany's civil aviation authority, the equivalent of the American FAA or the British CAA.

Agree, a very nice buckle. I have a similar one marked to Flak Abteilung Königsberg, which is in Russia (Oblast Kaliningrad) now. I like that one particularly well as my father was born near Königsberg.

Best regards,
    Kurt

Kurt,
    Thanks for the correct WW2 translation,i used the modern translation.....Dave H

Hi David
    what I wanted to say is, that this buckle is great, but it´s not the "No.1 Cheerleader"! I hope everybody understands what I mean! My english could be better...
    Gruß Max

?

It is a very nice buckle and Berckemeyer is indeed not often to see on leather support tabs!

I know another buckle by this maker in a friends collection and it is a Luftwaffe buckle! It seems that Berckemeyer was more a saddler than a producer of buckles. Insofar there are no red flags for me even though the buckle itself was probably made by Assmann.

Best,
    Guido

Dear Max

Your English is perfectly fine and certainly much better than my German. Perhaps I should have qualified why I thought this buckle was both "great" and "rare". The horizontal wing DLV in nickle silver and with a "C" catch is in my opinion common. As I mentioned and toward which Guido has confirmed, a buckle which is associated with Assmann and indeed is sometimes seen with RZM UE8 stampings. I know the buckle in nickle silver and aluminium, in gold, silver and matt light green finishes, with and without a black swastika and also, various catches to include the wide foot, "C" and crank. Having said all that, the buckle shown by Dave would be common and unremarkable had it not been for the leather tongue which in my opinion, elevates the buckle to "great" and "rare". I think that it is very unusual to see the horizontal wing DLV with a leather tongue. A Berckemeyer mark on this particular Assmann buckle is remarkable and the addition of the LBA and unit stampings, in my opinion makes it rare and especially so to the early Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe collector.

I agree with you though Max that this is not the prettiest of buckles.

Regards,

David