Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Bismarckbund

Article about: The Bismarckbund buckle is somewhat rare and interesting, although having said that, I know very little about this right wing organisation. Possibly, the "youth wing" of the DNVP.

Default Bismarckbund

The Bismarckbund buckle is somewhat rare and interesting, although having said that, I know very little about this right wing organisation.

Possibly, the "youth wing" of the DNVP.

I think that the DNVP was formed in 1918 by supporters of the "Old Monarchy". The party had strong rural support and especially in Protestant areas and actually, they were Adolf Hitler’s coalition partners when he came to power in 1933.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bismarckbund
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bismarckbund

Can't offer up any info on this org. (one I've never heard of before)....but I really like the buckle. Very cool indeed! Thanks for sharing and I hope you find the info you are looking for!
    CHeers!
    Rob

Hallo mein Englisch ist nicht gut vielleicht übersäzt ja Jemand die
    Kurz Chronik des Bundes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bismarckbund   Bismarckbund  

Bismarckbund  

Quote by koppel71 View Post
    Hallo mein Englisch ist nicht gut vielleicht übersäzt ja Jemand die
    Kurz Chronik des Bundes
    thanks for showing these rare buckles, David and Koppel71, weimar area buckle are very interesting !

we have two real good sites here :

Wapedia - Wiki: Bismarckjugend

Bismarckjugend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there you find this nice picture, which shows the buckle in wear ( I think / picture is not available in high resolution ) :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bismarckbund  

Here is one of my documents....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bismarckbund  

Nice buckles guys and rare
    Ben

Potentially an evolving thread and really, very interesting in my eyes. Many thanks koppel71.

We now have three BB buckles and whilst showing essentially the same badge, all are different by the box type, construction etc., etc.

Thankyou Thomas for the "links" to descriptions of this organisation and thankyou Dan for the very clearly dated and period document which supports the organisation.

Regards,

David