Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)

Article about: I am perhaps leading with my chin on this genre of very special and distinct buckle. JungDO or the Young German Order was I think, a right wing para military organisation within the Weimar p

?

Default Re: Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)

Quote by David North View Post
    Karl, you are being somewhat prophetic by saying "...it would be a pity for this thread to slide of the screen...". It would be a pity, however this thread will be dead and forgotten within the course of a month. It is a simple fact of life that for any forum, certain buckles will always generate interest irrespective of rarity. The Jungdeutsche Orden buckle is not one of these.

Regards,

David
    No doubt you are right David, but at least those of us who care for buckles such as these get to see some of them from others' collections. Worth it as far as I'm concerned! Also I find it most encouraging there's been a number of similar threads here.

Best wishes,
    Karl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)
    P
    Many

Quote by Kurt D View Post
    No doubt you are right David, but at least those of us who care for buckles such as these get to see some of them from others' collections. Worth it as far as I'm concerned! Also I find it most encouraging there's been a number of similar threads here.

Best wishes,
    Karl
    Yes but, no but...

this thread has been watched 146 times...and I am sure alot of collectors will visit this thread ( and the other great threads ) again in the future. Not everybody has something to say or buckles to add, but when I was exploring the world of forums, I was mostly only reading and took a great benefit out of it.

I must echo Karl, it is really great to see buckles from others collection and I am very grateful, that you are showing your massiv collection - David !

Lets hope others will jump into the boot ! I am sure Gerolf has some JuDO buckles to show...and maybe other fellows...in the future ?!

Cheers
    Thomas

David, Karl, Guido and Thomas,

Here is my modest contribution to this most intertesting thread.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)   Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)  

Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)   Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)  

great buckles Bill - the last one is outstanding ! I never saw this variant - thx for showing - cheers Thomas

Thomas

Let us hope that this thread flourishes and also, many of the other threads that we now have in place which feature some of the less common, more unusual and often little discussed buckles. I too wonder if koppel71 is able to add some buckles here.

Bill

Many thanks for your contribution and I echo the comments of Thomas insofar as the ultimate "circular" buckle that you have shown is outstanding.

Thomas and Bill

May I play the "Devils Advocate" with two questions about 2 buckles that you both commonly hold ?

The box buckle with the silver washed "Maltese Cross". Are we sure that this is JungDO ?

In relation to the "circular" buckle, perhaps I am correct in thinking that this is not an officers or leaders status type and instead, just a variation - box or circular could be worn by one and all ?

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Thomas

Thomas and Bill

May I play the "Devils Advocate" with two questions about 2 buckles that you both commonly hold ?

The box buckle with the silver washed "Maltese Cross". Are we sure that this is JungDO ?

In relation to the "circular" buckle, perhaps I am correct in thinking that this is not an officers or leaders status type and instead, just a variation - box or circular could be worn by one and all ?

Regards,

David
    David

yes, I must admit, it is not an officer buckle, must be a variant. I found an interesting picture of a Jungdeutscher Orden group from Jork ( by the way - my sister works in this little town ) - may the copyrightholder forgive me.

But - to come to your second statement - why don't you think so ? You must have something in the back of your mind - I personally don't see a reason why this buckle should not be JuDO ?

Cheers Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)   Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)  

Yes can do

Next Flag

Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)  

Thomas

There is indeed something at the back of my mind in relation to my perhaps casual remark about this buckle.

I know that the Maltese Cross image (with logo and embellishment) was adopted by the JungDO, however do not forget that this phenomenally emotive and overtly Christian symbol has origins from the first crusades. There are numerous theories about the eight points of the Maltese Cross representing eight specific values to include for the crusaders, (a) the 8 lands of origin of the crusaders and (b), the 8 disciplines of crusader courage. Perhaps more importantly, there are those who suggest that the eight points are a reminder of the Beatitudes delivered by our Lord Jesus Christ by the Sermon on the Mount.

Perhaps the Maltese Cross buckle (without logo and embellishment) is actually Weimar Catholic Church related and which as a group (and buckle) were plentiful. Perhaps it is unreasonable that we automatically associate the Maltese Cross with JungDO.

koppel71

As always - thankyou. As always - very impressive.

Regards,

David

David,
    although I can definetely follow your thoughts, I personally do not think that the Maltese cross has been used by catholic scouts / youth groups. This kind of cross is more in relation to the knights and the Jungdeutscher Orden followed that ideas. Remember their logo - a knights head !
    This buckle has rarley shown up - I only know of 3 or 4 ones, I have seen over the years. And all are in quite good - unused - condition. Maybe never been in use ?!

Attached two more pictues , regarding to the JungDo. The group pictures shows no box buckles at all !

Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast