Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Land-Sturm

Article about: This is one of the three buckles, approved and sanctioned by Der Stahlhof. A ridiculously rare and seldom seen buckle. Regards, David

Default Land-Sturm

This is one of the three buckles, approved and sanctioned by Der Stahlhof.

A ridiculously rare and seldom seen buckle.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Land-Sturm
    P
    Many

Default Re: Land-Sturm

Thanks for showing David, I have never seen one !!!!
    Ben

David, thanks for showing all your buckles. You have a most wondrous collection of the most rare and scarce buckles I have (n)ever seen.
    Tom

Very nice! It's in great condition to boot!

Rob

David,
    another WOW - what a beauty.
    I am on the Stahlhelm waggon for the last years now, but have never seen these.
    I can not say more, than "thank you for showing".
    Thomas

I really wish that I was able to post more on this interesting and "final pattern "Stahlhelmbund buckle as possibly, a commemorative edition.

I think that the Landsturm had their origins from the early part of the nineteenth century, as a territorial or reserve military force that was only called upon during times of war.

The Stahlhelmbund underwent a radical reorganisation in 1924 and I assume that all the individual veteran groups to include those associated with Landsturm and/or Langemarck, were fully absorbed.

The final pattern Stahlhelmbund buckle was probably produced around 1926 and possibly, some manufacturer thought that there was a good potential sales market to the large number of former Landsturm veterans.

Just my opinion.

Regards,

David

David,

First thanks for the kind words and yes I will post more of my buckles as time permits but w/the holidays and just getting back-well I will try to fit it in. In any event-What a super buckle and extremely rare. I have only seen three of these yours included. MV has,or had one and there was one shown on the WA forum asking what it was . I tried to buy it on a make off to the guy but my offer was to low dispite the fact that it was very high. Such is fate. I do have as you may know the 2nd pattern w/sword also a rare bird.

Bill

Bill

Perhaps I am right in thinking that this quite odd and rare buckle does not appear exactly in any of the reference works ? Even the well known "Der Stahlhof' pamphlet of 1931 which declares the definitive Stahlhelmbund and Jung-Stahlhelmbund, does not include this one. I wonder if it was a non sanctioned and instead, an unofficial commercial sales buckle, modelled on the final pattern Stahlhelmbund and Jung-Stahlhelmbund.

If it is any consolation, many of us tried for the similar buckle to this, when it was posted a while ago on another forum - as a pure "fishing expedition". The unscrupulous dealer concerned included his web site details on the images and he knew that collectors would make contact with him. He then proceeded to play collector off collector until he extracted every penny that was possible.

Regards,

David