Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nickel Turnerbund Buckle

Article about: Hi all another couple for the database, this one is a very nice nickel Tunnerbund buckle by Berge & Nolte. Not a very popular buckle by collectors standards but again I like them for the

Default Nickel Turnerbund Buckle

Hi all another couple for the database, this one is a very nice nickel Tunnerbund buckle by Berge & Nolte. Not a very popular buckle by collectors standards but again I like them for the super quality of these buckles are there are still a lot of unknown makers of these buckles so for me something to investigate and look into
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nickel Turnerbund Buckle   Nickel Turnerbund Buckle  

Nickel Turnerbund Buckle  
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 02-18-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nickel Turnerbund Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nickel Tunnerbund Buckle

Ben,

Pardon the ignorance, as well as having ignored yr post... ;-) But what is this?

?

This is the one of the buckles for the German Athletic Association (Deutscher Turnerbund) four F Frisch, Froh, Fromm and Friei.

Ok, interesting cross.

?

Never seen one before, Ben. I like it. Thanks for sharing!
    Dean.

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    Ok, interesting cross.
    The cross is four "F's" placed back to back, if you read what Kirby wrote earlier you will then see what I mean "German Athletic Association (Deutscher Turnerbund) four "F" Frisch, Froh, Fromm and Friei. These are early buckles born out of the rise of the nazi party. They are not very popular in the fact they have no swastika and were non combatant. However in my eyes very important buckles in that you can find lots of early buckles makers marks on them that are still yet unknown. I have one en route at the moment with a maker mark I have never seen before. Most of these are nickel and are made to the highest standard. I also believe that as we find out more about buckles in general there is more to these buckles than meets the eye
    Ben

Default Re: Nickel Turnerbund Buckle

Very underrated buckles indeed, but a must for every buckle collector. That one of yours is a very mint example, Ben.

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Very underrated buckles indeed, but a must for every buckle collector. That one of yours is a very mint example, Ben.

Tom
    Tom

These can be picked up in cracking condition
    Ben

I see, must get myself one too still. So much to collect, so little cash......

Tom

Mate tell me about it, I spent alot of my time at weekends labouring for my nephew, laying paving slabs and tarmac, hard work but its extra cash to spend on buckles which keeps the wife happy lol
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast