Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Paramilitary * 2

Article about: Angolia lists it as unidentified. However, very interesting that the buckle he has shown belongs/belonged to Marc V and is identical to the pebbled buckle shown on this thread. I don't mean

Default Re: Paramilitary * 2

Dear Bill

If we again have a look at post number 8, then what you have suggested as "...but the rondel was applied upside down..." may still be open to discussion. In my opinion, the roundel for the possibly period buckles is NOT upside down and instead, it is a totally different design, as I have tried in perhaps a clumsy sort of way to promote. I know that it is a collectors natural trait sometimes to as they say "Gild the Lilly" on a suspect buckle, however I am for one a tad uncomfortable in dismissing the buckle shown by Alex as fantasy piece. I actually feel that we have an originally posted buckle which is possibly period and potentially most rare, which has now unfortunately been adopted and modified by fakers into one which is instantly dismissed. Rather like a reverse role I suppose against that so called RMBO prototype horror by Assmann which is actually a pure fantasy item and yet by pounding and pounding publication dignification and support, appears by vox pop to be accepted as period.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paramilitary * 2
    P
    Many

?

I think it is nearly impossible to get the truth in this case before we do not know some period pictures with these buckles in wear!

But isolated just as a buckle collector I would say the last buckle shown by Alex gives a good impression though I miss some traces of wear.

Best,
    Guido

"...before we do not know some period pictures with these buckles in wear!...". Gau Essen? LaPo? SS mit mobilen Hakenkreuz?

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    "...before we do not know some period pictures with these buckles in wear!...". Gau Essen? LaPo? SS mit mobilen Hakenkreuz?

Regards,

David
    So true David, so true
    Ben

?

I feel this buckles is period made, even a fantasy design, they are fullfill with a 3rd Reich energetics. To me they are period made buckles, even unidentified
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Attachment 395329...found this today on german ebay. Sold as new/pre45 item, Grubenwehr. I think, the seller collected miners items and it is his guess, what it it might be.
    Whatever, nice looking buckle. Cheers Thomas

An interesting topic. I have never seen this design before but the odd shape swastika poses a resemblance to the swastika used in Finland (although swastika is reversed.) Could it be that is was used for some sort of Finnish organisation? Very interesting.
    Thanks, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images Paramilitary * 2 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4