Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked

Article about: A new addition to the Reichswehr buckles. This is a very interesting buckle and the price was nice as well. Full Overhoff & Cie leather maker mark and very nice overall condition. Just p

Hello,

It is 2nd company, 2nd Machine Gun Battalion. The Roman numeral II states for the status of the equipment. It is not the I class Issue but the II class issue. It has nothing to do with unit identification. Great buckle by the way.

Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked
    P
    Many

Hello,

I like Reichsheer and early Third Reich stuff!

Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked   Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked  

Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked   Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked  

Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked  

?

Very nice Fred - thanks for showing. I like that shooting award and the belt/buckle sets

MAP
    ?

I was close

Great learning thread.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

So now you have Machine Gun Battalion Buckle That's awesome

Great with such cool history behind the buckle!

Jeff

Maschinen Gewehr Batalion 2.Kompanie II.Zug

Machine gun battalion, 2nd company and Zug is a platoon size of men so I would say 2nd platoon
    Ben

Hello,

Page 76, Volume 1, "UNIFORMS & TRADITIONS OF THE GERMAN ARMY 1933-1945" specifically explains these markings.

"Clothing articles of the same kind were classified according to their wearing value into grades or "Garnituren". The wearing value of every single article was evaluated and controlled at the yearly clothing inspections, The highest grade, Garnitur I, was new or nearly new, and was used as parade dress. The lowest grade, Garnitur IV was for drill duty"

The description shows typical markings with the company first, then period and slash, followed by type of unit..AR,IR,....,then unit designation and finally the garnitur status.

With a 100,000 man army this was pretty easy to do. Sometime around the expansion of the Heer in 1936 this marking system was discontinued.

Fred

Fred is correct.

A super buckle.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: I love your display Fred. The feldgrau wool in the Riker mounts is a nice touch.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks guys for the information. Here is a 1936 Heer I have, also nicely unit marked. Thought an interesting addition to this informative thread

Maker = Gebruder Kugel & Fink - 1936
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked   Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked  

Nice. 10th Company IR 82

Fred

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast