Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Schalburg Korp and perhaps something else?

Article about: Here are images of what I think is an interesting buckle and I wonder what the correct designation and description is? There is an immediate association with Schalburg Korp, although some su

Default Re: Schalburg Korp and perhaps something else?

Chaps, again I probably way off track, this is new to me and I have been delving into the archives of the WWW for info. I have been trying to look at the theory that the Turnerbund buckle was a pre runner of the SA buckle. Trying to get info on this subject is vague to say the least. What I do get is tinnies, now on alot of these tinnies is the emblem of the sunwheel. Do you think that maybe this design of buckle was the forerunner of the "SA" buckle? Also with Germans they are very particular, would they have had various designs on differing people so as not to have uniformity or would they have wanted everyone looking the same? Again chaps just thoeries running around my brain which is on fire at the mo, I would have thought as they got more organized one official buckle would have been sanctioned as a standard issue to its members. I will make a cup of tea in a mo and chill out for a while. BTW I have just been on amazon and ordered a load of books on the early SS, SA and Freikorps, lots of info to absorb and research to do, great BTW David, I am blaming you for all this and your introduction of all these SA buckles, you can be my scapegoat when the wife moans at me for being absorbed in books again LOL
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schalburg Korp and perhaps something else?
    P
    Many

Hi Chaps. Very interesting thread and am now starting to doubt Peter Nash's reference book. Here's mine, which is the exact buckle that is in Peter's book.
    Best
    Mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schalburg Korp and perhaps something else?   Schalburg Korp and perhaps something else?  

Mark, the books by Nash, Evans, Angolia all have mistakes in them, even fake buckles, alot of information has also been discovered since they were wrote, I still they are a good source of reference (along with forums )
    Ben

Looking through the sunwheel buckles there seems to be a mixture of brazen catch buckles and buckles with pinshrouds, so it seems that these were still made after 1926 so doubtful they were the fore runner of the now established SA buckle. After further reading it seems that the general issued SA buckle was started to be issued around 1924, can anyone confirm this? Maybe David can?
    Ben

Hallo
    The buckle is an Pfadfinder Wölflinge 47 x 63 mm

Gentlemen, a most interesting thread and set of buckles. Ben your speculations are intriguing... We'll see what David and others have to say here! Potential errors aside for the moment, the Nash book does state that the SA buckle as we commonly know it and despite variations was standardized in late 1924. Nash also speculates that the turnerbund buckle's time frame would be 1926-1934 so if correct I'm not sure about it being the forerunner of the standardized SA. I am fresh and green with this new reference and cautiously proceeding with it so perhaps I am a little behind here and will be illuminated.

Best,
    Adam

Quote by koppel71 View Post
    Hallo
    The buckle is an Pfadfinder Wölflinge 47 x 63 mm
    Hi, have Pfadfinder / boyscouts really used a sunwheel swaz ? I can imagine, they did, but what makes you sure ? Is there a proof for this ? Tschüs Thomas

Oh, OK so this buckle is probably not an Schalburg buckle. Is there someone else on the forum that haves a example or similar to this buckle? It's always interesting to see!

Bump

I have found a sunwheel buckle on the Internet, what do you think about it? Does it look like a German made buckle?

It is 2,3" by 1,65" (5,8 cm * 4,2 cm)

?

Not sure what this buckle is but one Sold on eMedals in 2016. It was described as a SA/NSDAP Youth supporter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast